Diamonds International "Shopping" Coupon Advice

ChessE4

Two weeks ago my wife purchased a Phillip Stein sleep bracelet and 2-in-1 diamond earrings for $800 after using a $250 coupon and negotiating as best we could given that the store's internet access was sketchy and kept timing out.  I found out later these items would have been $725 online plus applicable taxes/shipping.  Thus, the coupon was worthless, and had I negotiated better, I doubt I would have done better than the online price.  So I would warn you all about having unrealistic expectations.  The coupon was only valid on items over $500, and the $300 earrings were marked up to $700 or more in the store.   Having said that, I enjoyed the service from our sales rep as well as the free drinks....I would add that our ship's shopping consultant was available to inspect and assist on major purchases and agreed the price we were quoted on a diamond solitaire was way too high.  We had actually priced diamonds locally before our cruise and knew what was reasonable, but I had failed to research the 2-in-1 earrings that my wife fancied.  Another reminder about doing one's homework....We received our e-mail with authenticity statements on time as promised by DI.

35 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I’ve learned from experience never to buy expensive items on board. If you’re looking for good jewelry at good prices, save your money for St. Thomas.

I’d go even further. Save the money entirely and wait till you get back home and buy the jewelry from Costco. And @ChessE4if you ever want an entertaining read check out the stories about the Park Art Auctions  online when you get a chance. 

1 hour ago, FManke said:

I don't think this is any different than any other services or purchases on board a cruise. There are very few if any "bargains" or "sales' on board. Buy something onboard for the memory, but don't expect a bargain. You will definitely pay for that memory.

They are very aware that for the most part they have an uninformed audience in front of them, I’d guess some even actively jam WiFi signals so you can look online.