soft drink package

mariette costin

Welcome to the blog, mariette costin.

There are 2 ways to purchase any of the beverage or dining packages.  You may purchase before you sail or after you are onboard.

Generally, you will save money by purchasing the packages before boarding.  You do this either by booking it online through your Cruise Planner or by calling Royal Caribbean and purchasing over the phone.  You will be charged for the entire cost of the package at the time you purchase.

21 minutes ago, mariette costin said:

I have been twice on Allure.  I know, at that time, there was a package for soft drinks.  I believe people paid upon arriving and getting their bottle for the drinks.

In fact, the only thing I want to know is how much for the SOFT DRINKS package!  Thank!!

The price varies.  You can save as much as 20-30% by purchasing it online before sailing. It’s $12.99 per day at the moment.

10 hours ago, mariette costin said:

I have been twice on Allure.  I know, at that time, there was a package for soft drinks.  I believe people paid upon arriving and getting their bottle for the drinks.

In fact, the only thing I want to know is how much for the SOFT DRINKS package!  Thank!!

As @RatedPG  stated, the price fluctuates.  On a post-Dorian cruise it was $8.99/day online for the Harmony at the lowest level.  The usual advice is to order it in Cruise Planner, then cancel and rebook if the price drops.  If you were going to get Voom, there is likely a special that combines Voom for one device with the soda package.  In evaluating the price, remember a soda is about $3.50 plus tip on the ship (Harmony).

Just heads up... the syrups they use on the Coke Freestyle machines and fountains at the bars taste differently from what's used in the US.  Personally, I don't like it ... I don't even unwrap my souvenir cup because I know I wouldn't use it on those machines.  My waiter at the MDR gave me canned soda when I complained about the fountain soda he initially served me.

2 hours ago, RatedPG said:

My waiter at the MDR gave me canned soda when I complained about the fountain soda he initially served me.

+1

Sometimes servers will give you a can and sometimes they won’t. Usually they will but I went round and round with a bar attendant at the WJ one day.  I just walked away and then got my can of Coke from one of the wandering servers.

On 9/24/2019 at 1:16 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

+1

Sometimes servers will give you a can and sometimes they won’t. Usually they will but I went round and round with a bar attendant at the WJ one day.  I just walked away and then got my can of Coke from one of the wandering servers.

Oh the soda snobs that we are...

20 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

Just a thought ... If I had the Refreshment Package, will Royal let me bring the soda of my liking onboard that exceeds their 12-unit limit?

No, the package you bought really doesnt have any affect on the rules of what you can bring on.  With that being said I saw one gentleman with a dolly of 3 cases of water on my last sailing.  I dont think they really police the non alcoholic drinks too much.

• 2 weeks later...

about to go on first cruise, what would happen if my teenager loses his Coca-Cola cup that comes with the refreshment package we bought for him? 

also where does he get his cup, I assume from the room, but do you have access to your room as soon as you board or do you have to wait awhile? 

16 hours ago, Vlgg said:

What sodas do they have in a can?  Do they have diet Dr Pepper?

I have never seen Diet Dr. Pepper in cans on the ship.  You are allowed to bring up to 12 cans on board, though.

The FreeStyle machines may have it..or they will have Mr. Pibb Zero.  I'm not sure what dictates which one they get -- I know that at our grocery stores Dr. Pepper is considered a Coke product but in other parts of the state it's a Pepsi product.