Mariner vs. Navigator

cruisestuff

I have been on Mariner (post upgrades) several times and really like it, have heard from others that Navigator is even better but havent been able to convince myself its worth the drive down to Miami to try it out yet.

Both good options from all accounts, is price/departure city a factor for you ?

Been on both (4 night cruise) and loved them both. Mariner us DH's favorite.  Kids also loved the Sky Pad.  Slides are better in Navigator but line ups were longer.

I like Navigator a bit more for the changes they did with the amplification. The decks are colorful with lots of different seating (loungers, hammocks all around, private circular seats, etc). Main pool is also nice. Food and service both great.  Ice show on both also very good. I prefered the production shows on Mariner but that's just because I'm not a fan of ballroom dancing style that was on Navigator.

You can't go wrong with either.

46 minutes ago, WannaCruise said:

Slides are better in Navigator but line ups were longer.

Lines for Riptide flowed very fast.  The lines for the aqua-coaster, The Blaster, is long and sometimes stops because it is stuck in one of the various valleys.  Still a great way to spend a sea day!

2 hours ago, cruisestuff said:

@jticarruthers My airport has direct flights to Orlando and Miami. Navigator is slightly cheaper but it would not affect my choice. ?

Port of Miami is closer to Miami International Airport than Port Canaveral is to Orlando International Airport.  If you have to fly anyways and Navigator is cheaper anyways, then definitely go with which overall cost will be lower for you all-in.  

2 hours ago, Rose City Cruiser said:

Lines for Riptide flowed very fast.  The lines for the aqua-coaster, The Blaster, is long and sometimes stops because it is stuck in one of the various valleys.  Still a great way to spend a sea day!

Yes very true. I should have clarified.  Blaster is tons of fun though (spoken from my kids...I don't go on slides) and better than other standard Royal slides.

22 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

Yes very true. I should have clarified.  Blaster is tons of fun though (spoken from my kids...I don't go on slides) and better than other standard Royal slides.

The one caveat to the Blaster is that it seems to spend a lot of time broken down. The conveyer system the rafts use has been broken for multiple hours on both of our navigator sailings. Last month it was down almost the entire day we were in Nassau. 

On 9/21/2019 at 4:30 PM, twangster said:

Both are great choices.  I have a slight preference for Navigator.  Cabins were touched during the Navigator AMP.  The resort style pool deck is nicer. 

Mariner does have Hibachi though. 

I agree. All things being equal, I'd pick Navigator but it's a toss up.