Hi All

Stan G

Hello everyone. I've been lurking for the last 6 weeks or so. I found the YouTube channel shortly after booking our upcoming cruise which then led me here. The information I've found has been great, thank you all for sharing your experiences and thoughts. 

We're booked on Majesty out of NOLA in March of 2020 for 7 nights. I have cruised with RCCL before but that was forever ago, mid 90's, when Majesty would have been in her prime. I don't remember what ship I was on then unfortunately. My wife has never cruised. We were booked last spring on an Oasis class but life got in the way and we had to cancel. NOLA is within driving distance from where we're currently stationed, so when we saw that RC would be sailing from there, it made planning this trip much easier. We were married in 2016 and never took a honeymoon or even an extended vacation type trip like this so we're super excited. We look forward to learning more from everyone and sharing anything we may learn from our trip,175 days to go!

Just got of the Majesty two weeks ago, still an awesome ship and staff is top north, showing a little age but it is still a grand ole ship. Our first cruise many years ago,was on the Majesty, the good thing about this ship is its so easy to navigate around. You will enjoy the ship and the service. Enjoy and, take in some shows and have a blast.

Since you are driving in I would recommend parking at the Fulton Garage.  It's a couple blocks walking distance from the cruise terminal.  You pre-pay the parking and reserve online. It is cheaper than parking right at the port and to me was convenient enough to be worth the savings. They have a shuttle that runs to/from the port but I usually just walk it since the driving route has to go around the New Orleans Convention Center that's right in front of the port.