Cruise Compass Free Prizes/Gifts?

VillainsGin

I've looked at a couple of cruise compasses for Symphony of the Seas that was uploaded on this website. I wanted a general idea of the events and information regarding the cruise itineraries so I would not be overwhelmed on my first cruise.

I've noticed usually on page 2 for the "welcome aboard" section day 1 of the cruise they're telling guest to stop by certain stores for a free welcome gift.

Question for the above mentioned:

Has anyone actually tackled all the locations on the cruise compass to collect a bunch of free gifts from these locations? (I figured it's my first cruise so I would want to collect some gift as memories/souvenirs) 

Cruise compass also shows a raffling event where you get an admission to a raffle for the vitality spa AFTER you take the tour.

Has anyone won the $500 worth of spa treatment and know if the tour is required or could I just enter a raffle ticket?

The part that really has my interest is the free spin for free prizes under the "welcome aboard" section. I've seen them stating they give 1 free spin per stateroom for a chance to win another cruise, vouchers, OBC, souvenir, and more not listed.

Has anyone won anything from the free spin and what are the details to play? (i.e. location of event, how to claim prize, what can you win)

A lot of the welcome aboard stuff is a ploy to push the shops onboard, spa services, bingo, and port shopping. If you have never cruised before I would say give it a try but be prepared for the sales pitches.  It's a good way to get an overview of what's available. 

In my experience the one free gift offered on all cruises (and I have seen this on other lines) is often a charm for a charm bracelet.  You will see these charms offered as free gifts at different port shops all over the Caribbean.  Each port has a different charm.  It's a cute way to get a free souvenir and some cruisers get very into collecting them.  Obviously it's a ploy to get you into the shops to begin with, but it's still something to take home and remember your cruise by.  They will also have gifts like earrings with teeny tiny gem slivers and the art gallery usually offers free prints to folks that attend the auctions.  The liquor shop offers sampling too, so keep an eye out for that.

20 hours ago, TJ! said:

I've looked at a couple of cruise compasses for Symphony of the Seas that was uploaded on this website. I wanted a general idea of the events and information regarding the cruise itineraries so I would not be overwhelmed on my first cruise.

I've noticed usually on page 2 for the "welcome aboard" section day 1 of the cruise they're telling guest to stop by certain stores for a free welcome gift.

Has anyone actually tackled all the locations on the cruise compass to collect a bunch of free gifts from these locations? (I figured it's my first cruise so I would want to collect some gift as memories/souvenirs) 

Cruise compass also shows a raffling event where you get an admission to a raffle for the vitality spa AFTER you take the tour.

Has anyone won the $500 worth of spa treatment and know if the tour is required or could I just enter a raffle ticket?

The part that really has my interest is the free spin for free prizes under the "welcome aboard" section. I've seen them stating they give 1 free spin per stateroom for a chance to win another cruise, vouchers, OBC, souvenir, and more not listed.

Has anyone won anything from the free spin and what are the details to play? (i.e. location of event, how to claim prize, what can you win)

Raffle: yes they really do do a draw but they are always at a specific time and if you not there then they will continue to draw until a winner is found in the audience. 

I have twice won prizes in the spa raffle, although they weren't the top ones. One was a foot and ankle massage and the other was some kind of steam room/shower thingy for two (can't remember the name) where they provided us with lotions and skin products to slather ourselves in. My niece also won a prize once and I think it was quite a "high-up" one, a voucher for however much to exchange for her treatment of choice and she did the couples massage. But you definitely have to be there when they draw it. On each occasion I have been there, some prizes have been redrawn because the winner was not present. 

The tour of the facility itself is painless; maybe 15 minutes, tops.

I have never ever won even the teeny-tiniest prize on the free spin.

We took advantage of some of the "freebie" offers during our first cruise and politely stayed for the shopping show, knowing that it would be a big sales pitch. Mainly wanted to get our mothers a nice Christmas gift from the trip. Probably wouldn't do it again, but that said, if you're looking for a cheap souvenir and not necessarily concerned about the sales show, it could be worth it.

Didn't do any other raffles aboard ship.

On 9/20/2019 at 6:27 PM, TJ! said:

Has anyone actually tackled all the locations on the cruise compass to collect a bunch of free gifts from these locations?

I don't recommend going to these. Nothing is free. It's a cheap charm or whatever to entice you to buy something.

I have not, but I do know others that have won.  A tour is usually required and then you get the raffle ticket at the end. You might be able to sweet talk your way out of the tour if you mention you have been on a tour before. 

I was just talking about this with @Pippa_OceanTime last night. The most you win is a tee shirt or key chain. It's free, but I consider it a waste of time.