Indy with Labadee or Falmouth

Brandi

Hello!  I'm looking at 2 different itineraries on Indy for May 2020.  Both include a stop at Coco Cay, but one includes a stop at Labadee and the other one a stop at Falmouth Jamaica.  This is our first cruise, so I'm not sure which to pick.  Family of 4 with girls, ages 10 & 13.  Any opinions?  Labadee or Falmouth?  TIA!!

Thank you all for the feedback.  I think the Indy cruise with Labadee works out for our schedules better anyways.  Now its just down to that or a 4 night on Mariner in early March.  I think there is more to offer us on Indy, but from what I'm reading additional rooms they put on Indy during the Amplification make it more crowded, and that the crew to guest ratio is better on Mariner.  Otherwise, I think Indy wins out on all other fronts (length of cruise, dining, amenities, price, etc.).  Anyone have an opinion on Mariner vs. Indy?  TIA!!!

• 1 month later...

We booked the May 11th 5 night CocoCay/Labadee cruise on Indy while on Allure in June. We had just left Labadee and absolutely loved it! The beaches are phenomenal and of the three stops between Labadee, Falmouth and Cozumel it was by far our favorite! The chance to experience CocoCay and go back to Labadee all on the same itinerary was too tempting to pass up. Getting to use the drink package on both is definitely an added bonus lol

5 hours ago, KyleinOhio said:

We booked the May 11th 5 night CocoCay/Labadee cruise on Indy while on Allure in June. We had just left Labadee and absolutely loved it! The beaches are phenomenal and of the three stops between Labadee, Falmouth and Cozumel it was by far our favorite! The chance to experience CocoCay and go back to Labadee all on the same itinerary was too tempting to pass up. Getting to use the drink package on both is definitely an added bonus lol

Visiting both private islands is exactly why our group booked the August, Indy sailing.  Just wondering if you priced the drink package yet?   It’s $65 for our sailing.   

I am cruising on Independence Nov 16 and it stops at Labadee and Falmouth.   I will enjoy the beach at Labadee and explore the port at Falmouth. If I could get a day pass to the fabulous Excellence Oyster Bay that is right across from the port I would in a heart beat.   Loved my vacay there. I'll be on ship a lot in Jamaica.

Indy will be the biggest ship I have been on.  I was on Mariner twice and really liked it.

On 9/20/2019 at 12:22 PM, Brandi said:

Hello!  I'm looking at 2 different itineraries on Indy for May 2020.  Both include a stop at Coco Cay, but one includes a stop at Labadee and the other one a stop at Falmouth Jamaica.  This is our first cruise, so I'm not sure which to pick.  Family of 4 with girls, ages 10 & 13.  Any opinions?  Labadee or Falmouth?  TIA!!

Falmouth would allow you to book excursions like climbing Dunn's River Falls, swimming with dolphins, etc.  As stated, Labadee is a "beach day".   Years ago there was coral all over the beaches, but I'm not sure what the current situation is.  If you visit Jamaica, there is some cultural exposure, e.g., the low standard of living, high unemployment, beautiful mountains, local artisans, and so forth.  Such experiences can be important in educating your family.  Labadee allows for the experience of "negotiating" the price of hand-made souvenirs, which some people love and others detest.  Labadee also has a fixed-price store.  The weather could be a factor in your decision.  Our second visit to Jamaica wasn't as much fun as the first due to excursion changes brought on by recent bad weather.  It goes back to what your cruise/vacation objectives really are.  As we raised our son, we tried to have a balance of experiences.  Whatever you choose on this cruise, remember you can always come back on another trip and do something different. 

On 10/29/2019 at 1:12 PM, Hutcherl said:

Visiting both private islands is exactly why our group booked the August, Indy sailing.  Just wondering if you priced the drink package yet?   It’s $65 for our sailing.   

Ours dropped to $57 a couple days ago so I went ahead and got it. I'm hoping it drops again when we get closer. I could kick myself for not getting it early. It was $48 when we booked back in June. It doesn't seem like a coincidence that it jumped to $65 right after the whole $18/Person thing happened. We got $45/person on our June sailing so I was shocked to see $65!

2 hours ago, KyleinOhio said:

Ours dropped to $57 a couple days ago so I went ahead and got it. I'm hoping it drops again when we get closer. I could kick myself for not getting it early. It was $48 when we booked back in June. It doesn't seem like a coincidence that it jumped to $65 right after the whole $18/Person thing happened. We got $45/person on our June sailing so I was shocked to see $65!

If they are trying to recoup some funds  from the $18 gaffe, it won’t be from me.  I unfortunately didn’t benefit so I’m not gonna be participating in the recovery! Lol I’m just being silly but sales must be going well because it’s been $65 since the summer.  I would jump at $57 too but that’s my limit