15 days out...got cabin assignment

klc317

This is the first time we have tried a guaranteed cabin instead of picking a particular room number.   Just the wife and I going and we aren't picky about cabin types, almost always just get an interior.   We are 15 days away and I checked and theres a room assignment/cabin number.   Maybe that will help with those who ask how long before the cruise you find out although I'm sure it varies.  We did not get any upgrades and I didn't expect to.   We do have a Royal Up offer for a junior suite but just the upgrade minimum bid costs more than the entire cruise for both of us so no thanks!

Our kids and grand kids guaranteed inside cabin was assigned at the 29 day mark for our upcoming October cruise. We had a guaranteed balcony for the wife and I in December and it was assigned last week. No set date on the assignments, probably assigned based on the amount of bookings for each particular cruise.

I booked Mariner yesterday for end of October and nothing yet on cabin assignment. Guess I’ll give them a few days lol. We saved $200 by going with guarantee balcony and it’s just a 3 nighter, so not a big deal. The savings paid for one drink package! Our Symphony cruise next May though I did book a mid ship balcony.