Options for coffee obsessed?

J-Ro

So I am a huge coffee drinker, I love to start off my day first thing with a hot hot cup of coffee with just a splash of creamer. I know there are no coffee machines in the rooms and you can order room service for coffee in the morning. But how hot will it be when it arrives? And how good is it? 

Also, does anyone know what type or brand of coffee is served in the Windjammer or non-Starbucks cafes? I like my coffee strong and simple. I love Ethiopian Yirgacheffe (the Target brand one is a fave- yummy and cheap). 

I am worried that I will be out to sea for days without getting my caffeine fix. Any insight is appreciated!

The room service coffee comes in an insulated carafe.  You will have to select a quantity when ordering and that will mean how many mugs you want delivered with the carafe.  If you need sweetener and/or creamer you have to specify that as well.

No clue what brand the complimentary coffee is but the additional cost specialty coffee (espresso based drinks) I have seen as Seattle's Best, illy, Cafe Bustelo, or Starbucks.  Depends on which ship you are on.

Room service coffee will be the same "no name" variety served in the MDR. It's hot, it's OK while it's hot flavor-wise after adding a splash of milk... and once it gets cool it's disgusting. So if you order the carafe, make sure to keep topping off your mug to keep it hot.

Otherwise I'd strongly recommend purchasing a coffee card, especially if you will mostly be drinking coffee and are fine with the other complimentary beverages.

On 9/20/2019 at 12:09 AM, J-Ro said:

So I am a huge coffee drinker, I love to start off my day first thing with a hot hot cup of coffee with just a splash of creamer. I know there are no coffee machines in the rooms and you can order room service for coffee in the morning. But how hot will it be when it arrives? And how good is it? 

Also, does anyone know what type or brand of coffee is served in the Windjammer or non-Starbucks cafes? I like my coffee strong and simple. I love Ethiopian Yirgacheffe (the Target brand one is a fave- yummy and cheap). 

I am worried that I will be out to sea for days without getting my caffeine fix. Any insight is appreciated!

Seattle's Best was the house coffee on Harmony last week.  I bought the coffee card to get espresso or cappuccino in the morning (the iced latte is charged two punches but the caps are just one). 

PS. I found the decaf in the MDR and specialty restaurants outstanding and perhaps better than the Café Promenade.  Their decaf tended NOT to be hot.  

The room service carafe hold two cups of coffee, so if you want more than that just order 4 coffees and you will get two carafes. I do not like the Windjammer coffer-it always tastes burned. I do however like the coffee from the MDR-don't know why the difference.

I plan to buy a coffee card for our 12 night Transatlantic on Anthem. Does anyone know when the coffee shop is open in the morning and also does the price ever change on the coffee card? Right now it is $31.00.