How do you track onboard activities

Matt

Just curious how everyone keeps track of the onboard activities listed in the Cruise Compass.  I'll read it the night before in my stateroom and then try to remember the things I'm interested in but I know some people carry the compass with them or check the Wayfinders (on ships that have them).

We usually read the next day compass when we return to our cabin in the evening. On sea days we will nornally use the tear off activities list and carry it with us. Unless its an activity we definetly plan to do we will make up the schedule as we have time to fill. Keep in mind that on sea days you are often so extremely busy doing nothing you don't have much time to do anything. You're on vacation so don't ruin a perfectly good sea day with a minute by minute schedule without several hours of free time. You learn the scheduling techniqe early in retirement; Keep you schedule as open as possible so you can can do whatever you want when the opportunity comes up. Our typical sea day routine is sleep in, exercise, breakfast, hit the shop deals of the day, latte in Latte'tudes / Centrum lounge and then the realization that the morning is gone and it's time for lunch. After lunch it's time to look at that Compass tear out and pick a couple of activities to lull away the afternoon. Two MUST activities; the childrens show and the crew Parade of Flags. Both will typically be in the Centrum in the morning if the last day is a sea day. Scream & yell for the childrens finale, and enjoy the crew celebrating their diversity and Country pride. Oh, by the way, if you have dinner reservations for Chops don't put a lot of eating in the day schedule.

I skim through the Cruise Compass the night before. I'm not one of those people who makes a graph of the activities and times they are happening. When I cruise I make a mental note of the things I want to do and relax the rest of the time. I'm on a schedule when I'm not on vacation, so I don't want to be when I'm on vacation. 

I skim through the Cruise Compass the night before. I'm not one of those people who makes a graph of the activities and times they are happening. When I cruise I make a mental note of the things I want to do and relax the rest of the time. I'm on a schedule when I'm not on vacation, so I don't want to be when I'm on vacation. 

That's very close to what I do

My friend and I will generally review the next day's Compass in the evening and make mental notes about those things that are interesting to us. After that, I just go with the flow and tend to forget about what was in the Cruise Compass. Fortunately, though, my friend carries the list of activities with him so he can review it during the day and let us know what options we have coming up.

I also bring a highlighter (when I remember) or at least a pen. I mark the ones I DEFINITELY want to do. I understand that you don't want to bog down your vacation, but I also try to find a happy medium--if I wanted a chillax week of doing nothing, I can just take a vacay from work and sit poolside. I would feel way guilty if I missed some of the theatre shows, comedy, ice skating shows, BINGO, etc. Like I wasted a cruise!

Matt, do you read the compasses before the trip and plan your invasion before getting on the ship? Or is that just me?! ;)

I do like to read the Cruise Compass before my trip to get an idea of what to expect (and get me more excited).  For my Navigator cruise, I don't see a point since refurbishment will change the ship considerably.

And no, it's not just you.  Or at least, it may be just us :)

• 1 month later...