Anthem to Bermuda 9/21 is not looking so good right now.

RCIfan1912

I believe they typically will make the call 48 hrs prior to sailing regarding if they will change the cruise, i.e. go to Canada instead of Bermuda.  My guess is they do the 48 hr marker because many passengers will fly/drive in the day before, thus, 48 hrs allows people to repack their luggage.

I know we were informed via email.  Nothing on their site (cruise planner) stated a change of itinerary.  Our TA also called us to inform us that we the cruise itinerary had changed.

1 minute ago, Pima1988 said:

I believe they typically will make the call 48 hrs prior to sailing regarding if they will change the cruise, i.e. go to Canada instead of Bermuda.  My guess is they do the 48 hr marker because many passengers will fly/drive in the day before, thus, 48 hrs allows people to repack their luggage.

I know we were informed via email.  Nothing on their site (cruise planner) stated a change of itinerary.  Our TA also called us to inform us that we the cruise itinerary had changed.

Thanks we said tomorrow and dock in Bermuda Monday morning. Seems Jerry is right on our way. You think they would have made the decision already?

I would say if you sail tomorrow you are not being diverted to Canada.  However, that doesn't mean they will stop at Bermuda.  I don't know your itinerary.  Ours was suppose to be an overnight in Bermuda, and that was the only stop compared to when they sent us to Canada where we had 3 stops.  

They may say you are going to Coco Cay instead when they get underway.  When we did Adventure in July, Coco Cay was our last stop and than we has 2 sea days, so I can see that as a doable option.  The question/problem I could see with this is how many ships will they have at Coco Cay.  They only can take 2.  With Bahamas out of the question, they are now adding other ships into there for 2 days.  In for the day, out at sea for the day, back in for the day.  At least that is what is sticking in my feeble brain right now.

4 minutes ago, Pima1988 said:

I would say if you sail tomorrow you are not being diverted to Canada.  However, that doesn't mean they will stop at Bermuda.  I don't know your itinerary.  Ours was suppose to be an overnight in Bermuda, and that was the only stop compared to when they sent us to Canada where we had 3 stops.  

They may say you are going to Coco Cay instead when they get underway.  When we did Adventure in July, Coco Cay was our last stop and than we has 2 sea days, so I can see that as a doable option.  The question/problem I could see with this is how many ships will they have at Coco Cay.  They only can take 2.  With Bahamas out of the question, they are now adding other ships into there for 2 days.  In for the day, out at sea for the day, back in for the day.  At least that is what is sticking in my feeble brain right now.

Well I didn't even think of that but I guess that could be. Our Anthem cruise begins tomorrow, 5 days to Bermuda, 1 overnight stay. We dock in Bermuda Monday and leave to come back to NJ Tuesday and are back to NJ Thursday. 5 days cruises suck, too short. I wish Royal switched to 7 day Bermuda cruises like NCL does where you have 2 overnight stays and one completely full day and 2 partial days. 5 is too short for me. 

5 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Well I didn't even think of that but I guess that could be. Our Anthem cruise begins tomorrow, 5 days to Bermuda, 1 overnight stay. We dock in Bermuda Monday and leave to come back to NJ Tuesday and are back to NJ Thursday. 5 days cruises suck, too short. I wish Royal switched to 7 day Bermuda cruises like NCL does where you have 2 overnight stays and one completely full day and 2 partial days. 5 is too short for me. 

My cruise on Serenade (out of Boston) is 7 days with 3 days in Bermuda (Wed - Fri).

17 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Oh sorry I should have stated from NJ I wish they would do 7 day Bermuda cruises. 

If you go with Celebrity, the Summit sails out of NJ and does 7-night Bermuda sailings, along with other sailings that go to Bermuda and Newport or Bermuda and one or two other NE stops.

Also, Grandeur out of Baltimore does a couple 7-night sailings if I remember right. Pinging @coneyraven to confirm, I know he's sailed to Bermuda on Lady G a few times now.

OH! And at least for next year you get the option of a 7-night Bermuda sailing on Empress, with port stops in Hamilton and St. George's instead of being in the Royal Navy Dockyard port.

39 minutes ago, Pima1988 said:

I Feel like CocoCay would be a stretch with a 5 day Saturday - Thursday itinerary, but that could be fun.

image.thumb.png.54133f117ded261187b1372afcb5028a.png

32 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Yes I agree. I complain every time "last 5 day cruise for me" and we still do it. We have friends that like the NJ connivence and nothing's better than sailing with friends... Plus we are 1.5 hours from port and if I was really tight for time, I could work 1/2 on Thursday and Friday (but I will not).

Celebrity does 7 day sailings on the Summit. Also if you're into smaller ships this itinerary (see attached image) seems enticing, 7 days on Empress going to St. George and Hamilton. We considered it but think the plan is Oasis next year from NJ. 

5 minutes ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

I Feel like CocoCay would be a stretch with a 5 day Saturday - Thursday itinerary, but that could be fun.

It would probably end up being 2 sea days down, 1 day in Coco Cay, and 2 sea days back. All with the ship likely running at full steam both ways to make it, since they normally can get from NJ to Port Canaveral in 2 days on the regular 9-night sailings while going fast but not quite "full steam ahead."

42 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

5 is too short for me. 

2 minutes ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

Yes I agree. I complain every time "last 5 day cruise for me" and we still do it.

One of these years, probably when the younger one is in college and we're an empty nest, I want to do a B2B 5-night Bermuda followed by a 9-night CA/NE; ideally in the fall so we can enjoy the foliage as we go north.

10 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

One of these years, probably when the younger one is in college and we're an empty nest, I want to do a B2B 5-night Bermuda followed by a 9-night CA/NE; ideally in the fall so we can enjoy the foliage as we go north.

That sounds like a fun trip. We did a 9 night to Caribbean from NJ on Explorer, I'd love that and Bermuda mixed for B2B 5-night/9-night.

14 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

It would probably end up being 2 sea days down, 1 day in Coco Cay, and 2 sea days back. All with the ship likely running at full steam both ways to make it, since they normally can get from NJ to Port Canaveral in 2 days on the regular 9-night sailings while going fast but not quite "full steam ahead."

That's my guess which could make for a bit of a rocky sailing. I suppose anything is possible. Hey in about 24 hours I'll be arriving at Cape Liberty ... whatever, take me somewhere captain -- and where's my drink! LOL

4 minutes ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

That sounds like a fun trip. We did a 9 night to Caribbean from NJ on Explorer, I'd love that and Bermuda mixed for B2B 5-night/9-night.

That also could be fun, although I've already been to OSJ and St. Maarten and I'm trying to see more new ports than repeats right now. Definitely want to go back to both someday, but not until I've gotten more of my wanderlust burned out of my system. ? 

Bermuda is kind of an exception to that "rule", partly because we barely scratched the surface of the place last time, partly because it's so close and easy to get to without breaking the bank, and partly because it's just so amazing; got there the first time and we knew we just had to go back as fast as we could!

1 minute ago, JLMoran said:

That also could be fun, although I've already been to OSJ and St. Maarten and I'm trying to see more new ports than repeats right now. Definitely want to go back to both someday, but not until I've gotten more of my wanderlust burned out of my system. ? 

Bermuda is kind of an exception to that "rule", partly because we barely scratched the surface of the place last time, partly because it's so close and easy to get to without breaking the bank, and partly because it's just so amazing; got there the first time and we knew we just had to go back as fast as we could!

I agree about wanting to see more/new stuff. This year we added a land trip to London which neither had ever been. We do the Bermuda sailings with our friends now if it's not the only vacation we take as we have been there so many times - even got married there. It truly is a unique island and our favorite one. We will always want to see Bermuda but not as an only vacation. For a while with Explorer being in NJ for so long it felt like Groundhog's Day. 

7 hours ago, PatsFanBrian said:

There's a big difference between packing for Bermuda vs Canada.  I'd prefer not to pack more clothing than necessary.

Maybe not....weather around 90 here this weekend..

Just checked..Moncton is hotter than Bermuda this weekend....so bring your shorts and flip flops!..lol

The 7-nighter we did to Bermuda last October was fantastic .....

Left Baltimore on Grandeur at 4:00....

Day 2 was a Sea Day

Day 3, we Arrived around 4:30 (due to 2 other ships still in dock, we had to wait on Disney to leave) - so, it was like another Sea Day.

Day 4,5 -- Bermuda ---- left there around dusk on Day 5 ---- as it got darker, it was really something to watch the lights of the island slowly disappear on the horizon.

Days 6 & 7 were Sea Days (plus, Day 6 was the Halloween Party ..... epic

It was, by far, the best cruise we'd ever had ......

The Serenade cruise fromBoston to Bermuda is being modified.  We will now stop in Portland on day 2 and Bermuda will be shortened from 3 days to 2 days (Thurs-Fri)

We are only finding out by looking at our apps.  There's been no notification from RC as of yet which is really poor communication on their part.

At least we'll still get time there.

4 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

We leave Tuesday afternoon. Maybe we'll leave early? How close will the storm be and how will the seas be if it's kinda close? 

We finally got our official notification.

The storm will be there on Tuesday.  Can't see how they can be in port.  Did you get a change email?

7 minutes ago, PatsFanBrian said:

Nothing for your ship.  Serenade out of Boston was supposed to be there Wed-Fri, but will now be Thurs-Fri.  Day 1 at sea has been replaced with a stop in Portland. Day 3 in Bermuda is now at sea.

Ah ok, we have been told nothing or at least haven't. They would have your is by now no?

3 hours ago, PatsFanBrian said:

Nothing for your ship.  Serenade out of Boston was supposed to be there Wed-Fri, but will now be Thurs-Fri.  Day 1 at sea has been replaced with a stop in Portland. Day 3 in Bermuda is now at sea.

Portland is a great walk around town. If your hungry, check out Standard Baking Co, The Holy Donut, Duck Fat or Eventide Oyster Co.

2 hours ago, FManke said:

Portland is a great walk around town. If your hungry, check out Standard Baking Co, The Holy Donut, Duck Fat or Eventide Oyster Co.

It is a nice town ,but one I'm already familiar with.  It's less than a 3 hour drive for me and I have friends that live there.  Maybe I'll have to call them to see if they're available for lunch.

Not at all disappointed with the change, there's still lots of fun to be had.  In fact, we're getting an early start sitting by a fire in our backyard with cocktail in hand.  We head to the port tomorrow morning.

Happy cruising everyone.

Glad everyone will still get to Bermuda after all..even if a little shorter stay!

I think we maybe taking a chance on a 5 nightter next Sept to Bermuda.....dates and price look good, and we can drive to the port saving $1000 on airfare for that cruise......weather is always a crapshoot in Sept but a risk we will take for the right price.

Looking forward to hearing how the cruise's went!