Majesty, rescuers of the seas...

We witnessed this happening on Oasis back in 2013.

We were on our way back to FLL, sailing between Florida and Cuba, when we heard "Oscar, Oscar, Oscar".  The ship came to a sudden halt and did a 180 and then stopped again.  When we went over to the rail to see what was happening, we saw the raft with about 12 people on board.  A dinghy was sent out and after about 20 minutes, came back.  As we got underway, the captain announced that they were offered help, but the crew was told that the people just wanted to be left alone.  The Captain notified the US Coast Guard and we asume they were met once they reached US waters.

My wife took quite a few pictures, a few of them attached here.

DSCN2137.JPG

DSCN2139.JPG

DSCN2141.JPG

My son witnesses something similar on our first cruise ever in 2003. We were on the Disney Magic and he was on the bow of the boat hanging out with Cast Members (he was 15). As I slept, I felt the boat stopping at 2 AM (Aft facing Balcony). sure enough Raft from Cuba in 13 foot waves needed help. Disney called the Coast Guard and back to Cuba they went.