Drink Package Price Drop

SteveinSC

i just booked ours last night for oasis in april 2020 at $57/day. it had been at $65 for a while. $57 is still a bit high in my opinion, but palatable. hopefully there is another price drop on black friday or some other time before our cruise. their ___% off banners are complete fabrications and market manipulation. it was listed as being 20% off when the price was $65 as well...and initially yesterday it was still 20% off when the price had dropped to $57. it is now listed as being 30% off at $57. RC says that the “on-board pricing” is between 63 and 70. let’s just say it is 70...even discounted from the highest on-board price of $70, a 30% discount would mean it should be $49/day. they are clearly just playing games to condition the market.

either way, i'd like an improvement but could live with $57 if i have to - will still be worth it for us.

I hate this "catch-me-if-you-can" type of pricing that Royal does.  Why make us have to monitor these prices, than book-cancel-rebook, when they can be straightforward with their prices.  I hate being manipulated this way.  We here know how to navigate these price trends, but what about those new to cruising?  Does Royal prey on naiveté and gullibility?

7 minutes ago, RatedPG said:

Why make us have to monitor these prices, than book-cancel-rebook, when they can be straightforward with their prices.  

I'm with you. It's like buying a car. Add-ons, taxes, dealer prep. I don't care about any of this. Add it up any way you want. I just care about the price out the door!

i was going to start another thread, but not worth it for what should be a fairly quick question/answer related to the deluxe drink package: this will be our first cruise with a playmakers on board the ship on which we are sailing. can i use the package if i just walk up to the bar at playmakers? i don't really want to pay to eat there, but i'm guessing they will have some draft beer options that are not available at other bars on the ship, so i'd like to be able to get those without having to eat there.

sorry to go slightly off topic.

1 minute ago, tzb said:

i was going to start another thread, but not worth it for what should be a fairly quick question/answer related to the deluxe drink package: this will be our first cruise with a playmakers on board the ship on which we are sailing. can i use the package if i just walk up to the bar at playmakers? i don't really want to pay to eat there, but i'm guessing they will have some draft beer options that are not available at other bars on the ship, so i'd like to be able to get those without having to eat there.

sorry to go slightly off topic.

Yes.

I am playing the pricing game as I  had purchase pretty low for our cruise that Dorian cancelled.  Now having to price for our rescheduled Dec. cruise.  Right now it is BOGO 50%---61.00 pp.  I know that there is no certainty, but it looks like the Black Friday sales in the past that Matt posted would be better.  What is everyone's thoughts on the BOGO or just the straight 30% off?  right now it is about 120.00 more than what I paid before.  I am with those that just want the rate out the door....hate that we have to jump through hoops, but I am sure that they make lots of money of those who "don't shop around". 

2 hours ago, SPS said:

Bought mine a few months before the standard prices went up.

The BOGO 50% off priced out at $47 PP/PD

With the new pricing, this 30% off deal prices out at $48 PP/PD

This is what happened today with my October 19 Anthem sailing. Finally got a "30% off onboard pricing" promo -- and the price is $52/night, same as what I have seen for months as BOGO50 (25% off) pricing. It just confirms that the onboard price is now $75/night, in line with the new BOGO50 price of $56 that I saw last week.

Even so, I almost decided to say the heck with it and snap it up. But that would have cost me over $200 after the refund of my Refreshment Package. I did the math of how much I'd likely pay to just buy my drinks a la carte while bringing on 2 bottles of wine (that I've already bought), and the math won over the desire to impulse purchase, saving me $40 - $80 depending on how much drinking I do on board. There's the money I need to get loungers and an umbrella at Horseshoe Bay! ?