Harmony or Allure

PRebecca

I booked my next cruise for November 2020 on Allure, I will be thrilled to be on any ship but see some similar sailings on Harmony in November (Similar as in 7 days out of Florida). I am not familiar enough with itineraries to have that be my deciding factor (although would prefer Coco Cay over Labadee) so I am wondering opinions on the 2 ships if YOU were choosing. Too broad a question, I know, and I've searched the boards for some info as well as looking at deck plans so in an effort to make a decision I am wondering about the Solarium.  Did I see there's not a Solarium pool on Harmony but there is one on Allure? Both deck plans looked the same to me and I didn't see a solarium pool on either so in an effort to just make a decision and sit with it I thought I'd ask here.

We love beach days but since this is a 7 day we want to take advantage of some more activities this time around, tubing down a river sounds awesome and we found that in Falmouth (lots of help from the boards here)

If anyone has any helpful deciding factors you'd take into consideration I would appreciate it. I have listened to Matt's podcast on how to choose the next cruise; we have no kids with us, can be as active or relaxed as we feel like being to go with the flow, can go with or without shows and i think these 2 ships are similar enough those things aren't relevant here.

Itin is Cococay, Cozumel, Roatan and Costa Maya or Labadee, Falmouth, Cozumel

The main differences between the Allure and Harmony are that

Harmony does not have a Solarium pool (as you noted already)

Allure does not have the water slides yet (and will still not have them in NOV 2020)

The shows are different of course, but are basically equivalent

That's about it.  Otherwise, they are pretty much the same ship

34 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

The main differences between the Allure and Harmony are that

Harmony does not have a Solarium pool (as you noted already)

Allure does not have the water slides yet (and will still not have them in NOV 2020)

The shows are different of course, but are basically equivalent

That's about it.  Otherwise, they are pretty much the same ship

Raye, I agree with most of your post except 1 thing.. Allure will have slides by Nov 2020.. Its going to get Amped Starting in March 2020 before it starts its season in Europe.. Other than that I agree with you lol. 

4 hours ago, PRebecca said:

I booked my next cruise for November 2020 on Allure, I will be thrilled to be on any ship but see some similar sailings on Harmony in November (Similar as in 7 days out of Florida). I am not familiar enough with itineraries to have that be my deciding factor (although would prefer Coco Cay over Labadee) so I am wondering opinions on the 2 ships if YOU were choosing. Too broad a question, I know, and I've searched the boards for some info as well as looking at deck plans so in an effort to make a decision I am wondering about the Solarium.  Did I see there's not a Solarium pool on Harmony but there is one on Allure? Both deck plans looked the same to me and I didn't see a solarium pool on either so in an effort to just make a decision and sit with it I thought I'd ask here.

We love beach days but since this is a 7 day we want to take advantage of some more activities this time around, tubing down a river sounds awesome and we found that in Falmouth (lots of help from the boards here)

If anyone has any helpful deciding factors you'd take into consideration I would appreciate it. I have listened to Matt's podcast on how to choose the next cruise; we have no kids with us, can be as active or relaxed as we feel like being to go with the flow, can go with or without shows and i think these 2 ships are similar enough those things aren't relevant here.

Itin is Cococay, Cozumel, Roatan and Costa Maya or Labadee, Falmouth, Cozumel

My wife and I like the souvenir shopping on Labadee better than Coco Cay, which has the appearance of being made in China.  The Harmony is great as a ship, and the Solarium Bistro is a great alternative to Windjammer.  We have basically given up on WJ due to the crowds, but last week they weren't bad.  But my point is that the Solarium Bistro is a neat resource on the Harmony.   For me, the best excursion in Jamaica was climbing Dunn's River Falls, but it is a very physical activity.  On the whole, I prefer Roatan to Jamaica (for snorkeling), so a Harmony Western Caribbean itinerary is more to my liking.   Mexico also allows visits to Mayan pyramids, which can be great for kids and adults.  Whatever you choose, have fun.  Eventually you'll do both...

Also, if you go to Costa Maya on that cruise, I HIGHLY recommend the 4 hour Checchoben Mayan Ruins excursion.  We’re currently on Symphony and did it the other day ........ It was amazing and way way better than Chichen Itza and only 50 min from Port.  Way more structures than we expected and you could touch and climb partially up them.  Cruz was also a GREAT guide!

8FBF4480-DECD-41FA-887E-09E4AE089885.jpeg

3FD3C1E7-0732-4A41-898B-B91F1109AA13.jpeg

F19CDD83-A6A4-4C94-93E8-43BD3E002C94.jpeg