The Key Chop’s in MDR

Jason12

You had to see that coming with The Key.  Chops is just not big enough for them to do lunch on embarkation day when you include that you can purchase lunch only at Chops, plus suites.  If they only sell 100 keys, that still is maxxing out the venue.

What they see is special is that the MDR is not open on embarkation day, so to them you are getting the Chops menu, but in a different venue.

Be aware that the private hours for activities are often at odd times (and some may even be on the first day which you won't find out about until you get to your stateroom!).  I've seen some sailings only have one dedicated hour for the entire 7-day cruise for the Flowrider.  It seems all ships handle it differently, but I would definitely not purchase The Key solely based on more Flowrider time.  You might be better off just buying him an hour of time or a lesson.

1 hour ago, Jason12 said:

noticed Chop’s meal is not served in MDR..what’s special about that..?

It's still the Chops menu, just served in MDR because Chops was too small a venue. Details: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2019/08/27/reader-finds-update-the-key-enchantment-of-the-seas-propulsion-issues-and-more

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

It's still the Chops menu, just served in MDR because Chops was too small a venue. Details: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2019/08/27/reader-finds-update-the-key-enchantment-of-the-seas-propulsion-issues-and-more

We always do Chop’s on embarkation day and was hoping he could join us if he just purchased the key but now we would be split up ? takes the shine off a paid so called VIP addon..

31 minutes ago, Jason12 said:

We always do Chop’s on embarkation day and was hoping he could join us if he just purchased the key but now we would be split up ? takes the shine off a paid so called VIP addon..

But you can't purchase the Key for just 1 person in a room anyway.. Its either you all buy it or no1 buys it.. So if you all buy it you can all have the Chops meal in the MDR together

23 minutes ago, AGSLC5 said:

You should ask when you go to Chops.. I bet they would accommodate you if you explained the situation. 

I agree that it is worth a try.  One thing that might be a problem is that the Key folks get a different menu from regular Chops lunch folks.  It is not remarkably different but it is different.