St. Kitts Beaches

DublinFC

I know this has probably been asked somewhere on here, but I was wondering how the beach excursions work in St. Kitts.  Also, which beaches would be more recommended than others.  I was wondering if the chairs that are provided come with umbrellas for shade?  Fun in the sun is great, but sun burn is not something I want to be dealing with for anyone in our party.  Being able to have a bit of shade while we are there would be ideal.  Out of the beaches breaks being offered through RC which ones are more recommended?   Carambola Beach Club or Cockleshell Bay?  I am open to other suggestions as well.  We have never been to St. Kitts so pro advice is always welcomed!

@DublinFC The only thing I remember is to make sure you are on the Caribbean side. The Atlantic side can be VERY sea-weedy and therefore smelly. We made that mistake last summer at a hotel we paid to stay for the day and couldn't even go to the beach part, we stayed at the pools the whole time which was a waste of $$.

St Kitts: I went to the beach that has a volcanic sand mix with white sands really unusual beach. The water is really calm on the Caribbean side and it was the best beach break we have done. The name of the beach is South Friars Bay and the place we rent umbrellas and lounge chairs is it called Carambola Beach club. The place has beers in the bucket, mix drink, Sushi and the Whole Pizza. It also has a little area that you can snorkel. 

6 hours ago, Susie said:

St Kitts: I went to the beach that has a volcanic sand mix with white sands really unusual beach. The water is really calm on the Caribbean side and it was the best beach break we have done. The name of the beach is South Friars Bay and the place we rent umbrellas and lounge chairs is it called Carambola Beach club. The place has beers in the bucket, mix drink, Sushi and the Whole Pizza. It also has a little area that you can snorkel. 

Just to be clear South Friars Bay has the volcanic sand.  Carambola beach Club has the chairs and umbrellas plus beerk buckets mix drinks, etc.  Correct?

7 hours ago, ellcee said:

@DublinFC The only thing I remember is to make sure you are on the Caribbean side. The Atlantic side can be VERY see-weedy and therefore smelly. We made that mistake last summer at a hotel we paid to stay for the day and couldn't even go to the beach part, we stayed at the pools the whole time which was a waste of $$.

That sounds awful, kind of what I was talking about with Nachi in the other thread.  I appreciate you letting me know.

16 minutes ago, DublinFC said:

Just to be clear South Friars Bay has the volcanic sand.  Carambola beach Club has the chairs and umbrellas plus beerk buckets mix drinks, etc.  Correct?

If I not wrong the Carambola located at South Friars Bay beach and sand is volcanic sand. It is not totally black sand but you know is volcanic sand. Really unusual for Caribbean.

20 hours ago, Susie said:

If I not wrong the Carambola located at South Friars Bay beach and sand is volcanic sand. It is not totally black sand but you know is volcanic sand. Really unusual for Caribbean.

I looked and yes it is the same beach.  I was thinking you were talking about 2 different places.  My mistake :7_sweat_smile:

On 9/23/2019 at 6:15 AM, DublinFC said:

Why do you like that one?

Loved this beach! It's on the southernmost side of the island and has a view of Nevis across the way. There is a large hill to the left that creates a bay and nice calm waters to swim in. We jetskiied out into the channel between the two islands. It was great! There are two restaurant/bars on either side of the beach.. we took an excursion to the Reggae Beach side that also has a water sports rental (St. Kitts Watersports) and it included two chairs, an umbrella and a welcome cocktail of our choice. The chicken roti was delicious! 

IMG_9980.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

We took a taxi to South Friars Bay beach. Our group and a couple of other cruise ship people were the only vacationers there! The others were locals.  There's a small restaurant called "Shipwreck Beach Bar". When we went, it was the only place to eat or drink, but I see more places on the map now. This beach has black sand.