PG Cruiser

Dining Pet Peeve

On 9/18/2019 at 8:30 AM, RatedPG said:

I almost always cruise alone and I have developed this pet peeve when eating at the Windjammer and other similar places.  When I leave the table to get some water or get something from the buffet or for whatever reason, I often go back to an empty table - eager dining crew have cleared it out.  I'm planning to make some card signs saying "I'll be back, I'm not done yet".  What so you think?

Any other solutions you can suggest?  I know in formal dining, there are things you can do with the silverware to let the waitstaff know what you want.  How about at the Windjammer?

I have the same issue when I sail, I normally get up and work out and grab a "pre breakfast" prior to the wife waking up, so I am there alone and have the same thing happen.  I also hate it when its not the waiter that moves your plate but someone else that comes in with family and takes your table while you are gone.   Like others have suggested I have resorted to leaving a personal item right there by my plate and that seems to suffice.  I have not had that problem since! 

12 hours ago, bhageerah said:

I have the same issue when I sail, I normally get up and work out and grab a "pre breakfast" prior to the wife waking up, so I am there alone and have the same thing happen.  I also hate it when its not the waiter that moves your plate but someone else that comes in with family and takes your table while you are gone.   Like others have suggested I have resorted to leaving a personal item right there by my plate and that seems to suffice.  I have not had that problem since! 

When a group "takes over" a table that I was using by myself, I just pull up a chair, sit down, and start eating.

"Oh, sorry. Didn't notice that you had joined me."

6 minutes ago, mworkman said:

Well I’ve seen it all now, he we sit waiting to be seated for our dining experience at Wonderland and notice the attire of several patrons that are in workout clothing to swim wear attire.

Same way I felt seeing someone in Coastal Kitchen in fuzzy pajama bottoms, slippers and a wife beater! Something I wouldn’t be seen at Walmart in much less in a nice restaurant!