Cancelling and re-ordering Refreshment package

BigBrust

What is the best way to go about doing this?  I booked our refreshment packages yesterday morning for our November Anthem sailing, and by the afternoon the prices went down $6 a day.  Do I call Royal Caribbean? And will the person on the line be able to cancel and re-book it for me, or do I need to cancel on the phone and re-book on the website?  Thank you in advance!

17 hours ago, BigBrust said:

What is the best way to go about doing this?  I booked our refreshment packages yesterday morning for our November Anthem sailing, and by the afternoon the prices went down $6 a day.  Do I call Royal Caribbean? And will the person on the line be able to cancel and re-book it for me, or do I need to cancel on the phone and re-book on the website?  Thank you in advance!

You can call RC if you want to be on hold for a long time or you can login to the cruise planner and click on the section that says order history and you can cancel the drink package online and the money will go back to your credit/debit card within 3-5 days or if you used any OBC the OBC will be posted back to your account immediately.

After you cancel the refreshment packages then you can repurchase them for the lower price, which can also be done online.

in my opinion canceling items online and then repurchasing them for the lower price/cancelling items and not repurchasing them, I think is much faster then calling RC and doing it over the phone with a RC representative. I have done this about a few hundred times and each time I cancelled a cruise planner item online because I changed my mind, and I also cancelled some items that I had precooked and then cancelled the same items and rebooked them @ the cheaper price.

You can also reschedule any excursions that you want to go on but choose a different time then the time you lent to choose and you can select time that you really want.  When I had booked  the Unlimited dining package for my April 2019 cruise on Harmony, I had accidentally selected the wrong time & yesterday I had rescheduled the unlimited dining package for the time that I had meant to select when I originally booked the ultimate dining package.

Edited by Bakerette
Added a few more sentences

26 minutes ago, Bakerette said:

You can call RC if you want to be on hold for a long time or you can login to the cruise planner and click on the section that says order history and you can cancel the drink package online and the money will go back to your credit/debit card within 3-5 days or if you used any OBC the OBC will be posted back to your account immediately.

After you cancel the refreshment packages then you can repurchase them for the lower price, which can also be done online.

in my opinion canceling items online and then repurchasing them for the lower price/cancelling items and not repurchasing them, I think is much faster then calling RC and doing it over the phone with a RC representative. I have done this about a few hundred times and each time I cancelled a cruise planner item online because I changed my mind, and I also cancelled some items that I had precooked and then cancelled the same items and rebooked them @ the cheaper price.

Agree that cancelling and repurchasing on line is the easiest way.  Don't forget to print out your receipt.

38 minutes ago, BigBrust said:

Thank you all for your help- I was able to cancel and re-book the refreshment package through the website without any issues.  I did print out all my receipts just in case!

Keep watching those prices they may drop again.  They go up and down day to day!

rollercoaster GIF

17 hours ago, DandA said:

Don't forget to print out your receipt.

The receipt for all the items that you purchase before your cruise is listed under the tab that says order history and should be printed out when you have finalized your cruise planner purchase or you cruise is about 1 week away or whichever comes first.

To view what you purchased you must click (if you are on a computer) on order history, or tap (if you are using a mobile device) on order history.

Edited by Bakerette

On 9/18/2019 at 6:28 PM, Marlena said:

We did it on the phone and it was super easy. They cancelled and refunded ours and re booked it at the lower price. They are very used to doing this as it's what most people do. 

But for how long does it take for the refunds?  I’d cancelled it in August, but not yet received the refund.

8 hours ago, WilsonLok said:

But for how long does it take for the refunds?  I’d cancelled it in August, but not yet received the refund.

It takes 3-5 business days to receive the refund back to your credit/debit card, and if you used any IBC to pay for those items on the cruise planner then you will receive the OBC back to your cruise account right away.