What would you like to see?

vanelli56

***warning... I have been drinking tonight..... (cough, cough).... I mean... training for next week, so my typing may be a little off****

?

Ok folks... I am going to try my hand at filming and posting some video of my upcoming cruise on Harmony of the Seas. 

We leave from Port Canaveral this sunday on Harmony for a week of fun in the sun. I love watching others vids on youtube and sites like these... so they have inspired me to try my luck at potentially making some sort of video myself. I have a few pet peeves regarding other vids I have watched... mainly the lack of STABILIZATION while filming. Nothing worst then watching someones review, and getting sea sick at home b/c they cant hold the camera still. With that.... when I plan to do something new, such as this.... i typically go a little overboard*. (*pun intended)  So in preparation I have invested in a few new toys.... including a gimbal and camera set up.

But I digress.... I plan on just filming tons of footage, and then making a few different vids... perhaps a review of the ship... food, drinks, etc. But really, I would love to hear some other idea from the folks here. It seems there are tons of videos out there.... but what is something you would like to see? Is there something you have searched on youtube and just could not find a video for regarding cruising?

I would love to make something new and different for everyone here. 

Hopefully I can finally give back and help others... as they have helped me for previous cruises. 

Post up what you would like to see!

Thanks

Gene-o 

I for one can never get enough ship tours because everyone always captures something a little different.  Everyone also loves to see cabin videos.  People always want to see exactly what their cabin looks like....and unfortunately not enough people have done video tours yet so you end up just looking at 'similar' cabins.  My kids love doing HGTV style tours of the cabins when we cruise so I shoot and post for them.  But be warned....there are some mean people out there....if you post too much about the cool things you do/will do....you might get hate mail ? so thick skinned is needed...after all, it is the internet.

22 minutes ago, Kerry said:

Can you crash a Royal Wedding and reception on board? ? I swear there's a wedding on every single embarkation day at least, and there is just about zero resources for what it's like. "The first rule of Cruise Weddings is we don't talk about Cruise Weddings."

That is truth there. Almost every cruise I have been on there is a bride in full bride garb waiting to get on the ship to get married. They normally look flustered and end up yelling at their bides maids. It's must see TV. So, if you see one of these situation please capture the tension as the group tries to get on the ship as well as all the Pinnacles and Suites members who are pushing forward to get on the ship too.  

2 hours ago, markm said:

If your paying for the ship tour excursion that would be. very interesting. What gimbal did you get?

Nothing too fancy.... went with the new DJI Osmo Mobile 3, and pairing it with my Samsung S10+. Just messing around the house the last week or so... it gives some GREAT vid/quality. Just need to get used to the controls and different modes. 

3 hours ago, Kerry said:

Can you crash a Royal Wedding and reception on board? ? I swear there's a wedding on every single embarkation day at least, and there is just about zero resources for what it's like. "The first rule of Cruise Weddings is we don't talk about Cruise Weddings."

Oh.... this may have to happen!!! As I am going with a group of guys who may or may not like to get into mischief.... typically good-natured mischief though. But yes.... If we come across any bridezillas... I will make sure to capture the meltdowns!!!! :-) 

I have been vlogging my cruises since July 2017 (Youtube.com/Melkaps). People really enjoy our cruise ship and cabin tours. Another thing people like is to see what food is offered at the buffet. For my next cruise I will try to get breakfast, lunch, and dinner, since I have only been able to catch lunch. Even though the food can change at the buffet, people want to know if there will be options for them.

Another idea is to capture more of the daily activities. Not just the belly flop or quest, but examples include line dancing, napkin folding, and entertainment around the ship.

Enjoy your cruise and good luck with the filming!

On 9/17/2019 at 3:26 PM, vanelli56 said:

***warning... I have been drinking tonight..... (cough, cough).... I mean... training for next week, so my typing may be a little off****

?

Ok folks... I am going to try my hand at filming and posting some video of my upcoming cruise on Harmony of the Seas. 

We leave from Port Canaveral this sunday on Harmony for a week of fun in the sun. I love watching others vids on youtube and sites like these... so they have inspired me to try my luck at potentially making some sort of video myself. I have a few pet peeves regarding other vids I have watched... mainly the lack of STABILIZATION while filming. Nothing worst then watching someones review, and getting sea sick at home b/c they cant hold the camera still. With that.... when I plan to do something new, such as this.... i typically go a little overboard*. (*pun intended)  So in preparation I have invested in a few new toys.... including a gimbal and camera set up.

But I digress.... I plan on just filming tons of footage, and then making a few different vids... perhaps a review of the ship... food, drinks, etc. But really, I would love to hear some other idea from the folks here. It seems there are tons of videos out there.... but what is something you would like to see? Is there something you have searched on youtube and just could not find a video for regarding cruising?

I would love to make something new and different for everyone here. 

Hopefully I can finally give back and help others... as they have helped me for previous cruises. 

Post up what you would like to see!

Thanks

Gene-o 

I was thinking of getting either a new phone or a camera for pictures and recordings too.

I'm not too savvy when it comes to photography and was leaning more towards the new iphone 11 since im more familiar with all the functions on there.

Not so much on the fancy cameras with weird symbols and what not haha.

On 9/17/2019 at 6:26 PM, vanelli56 said:

… and so have I.  ?  Your typing look fine, at least those parts which are in focus.  Please concentrate more on typing in focus so that the west of us,... I mean rest of us, can enjoy your post...  And you should see a doctor about that cough before you depart.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/18/2019 at 8:19 AM, Kerry said:

vince vaughn party time GIF