Next cruise purchase

Leroyr55

Have only been on three cruises, the first one we got $325 obc and $100 deposits on the Harmony.  the second one we booked the Majesty and got same deal as we could have gotten before but again $100 deposit and $125 obc, on the third one we booked the Grandeur, rooms were $50 pp cheaper and we got $50 obc and $100 deposits.  So on the second one we got a $125 deal and on the third one we a $150 deal.  Told my TA that I wasn't planning to book another cruise on our February HOS cruise; she smiled and said yeah right.  Now I've got to research 2021 cruises before February.

To see if you are getting a good deal, check prices on the cruises you'd like to take before leaving for the cruise; and then see what next cruise has to offer.

Hi,

The biggest benefit we found was they could use ‘either’ the US or UK offer and give you the best offer, on top of what ever they were offering on the cruise it’s self. We have one booked for early 2021 and it was £300 per person cheaper than if I booked through the uk website. 

They were very helpful to boot ?

Booked another buy only saved £50 pp but also got $100 OBC per room, 3 rooms!

Check the website before you visit and see how you get on. Booking holidays is fun ?

Nikkoo

Where are the above posts getting all this OBC for booking with Next ctruise..is states $25-$100 is realistically  what you'll get...most ppl don't book 10plus days in a grand suite or higher..

Seems to be the incentive has really changed or something...used to be much bigger offers I thought or more perks...?!

14 hours ago, DandA said:

To see if you are getting a good deal, check prices on the cruises you'd like to take before leaving for the cruise; and then see what next cruise has to offer.

That wouldn't matter....its not that Royal offers better pricing when you book with them.....and you can change it once you get off and transfer it to your agent right?

So really, the price is a non-factor...everyone is booking this for either the $50 OBC or the reduced deposit?.....

Great incentive.......:34_rolling_eyes:

One thing to take into consideration with On Board Credit (OBC) is you may be locked into that price. For example, I have $500 on a cruise for 2021 because of various things such as booked at Next Cruise, and then the cruise go booked by a company and I got another $200 for the change...so, if I want to re-price the cruise there is a chance, a large one, whereas I will lose my OBC. I wanted to move up to a Owners Suite from a Grand Suite and I would have lost my OBC and paid $1200 more for the room thus making the change $1700 versus $1200. Just something to think about when taking OBC.  

5 hours ago, monctonguy said:

That wouldn't matter....its not that Royal offers better pricing when you book with them.....and you can change it once you get off and transfer it to your agent right?

So really, the price is a non-factor...everyone is booking this for either the $50 OBC or the reduced deposit?.....

Great incentive.......:34_rolling_eyes:

When I booked my second Grandeur cruise at next cruise on Majesty, i got mid-ship cabins for the same price I was able to get fwd/aft cabins before the cruise (about $50 pp savings).  And the next cruise agent had more cabins available than i saw before the cruise.  Not sure why this was but that was our experience, was going to book it anyway for the $100 pp deposit as we booked two cabins and a deposit of $400 was way better than $1,000.  In regards to the transfer to your agent, we did reprice one cruise that was booked at next cruise, lost some obc but the overall cost was lower.  My primary reason was the reduced deposit, that way I don't give them the money till final payment if I wish.

5 hours ago, monctonguy said:

Where are the above posts getting all this OBC for booking with Next ctruise..is states $25-$100 is realistically  what you'll get...most ppl don't book 10plus days in a grand suite or higher..

Seems to be the incentive has really changed or something...used to be much bigger offers I thought or more perks...?!

My Harmony cruise was booked on my very first cruise on the Oasis in April 2018, they were offering up to $600 obc but that was for suites if I recall that correctly.  Did not see as good as a deal on my other two cruises, so it may have been something special.