Cots in room?

Ms Travel

My family of 4 will be sharing a spacious ocean view room on our up coming cruise. I am questioning my choice of room being it will be my husband, two teenage sons, and me. I think my sons will have a hard time sleeping together on the sofa bed. Is there a such thing as having a cot brought in the room for one of my sons. Are there any other solutions besides upgrading the room? Thanks for any suggestions.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

There will be no room for a separate cot or bed even if they would bring you one.

I agree with you...that is going to be a very, very tight squeeze.

I would seriously consider either upgrading to a larger room category or booking a separate inside room for the boys.

Completely agree

2 hours ago, Ms Travel said:

My family of 4 will be sharing a spacious ocean view room on our up coming cruise. I am questioning my choice of room being it will be my husband, two teenage sons, and me. I think my sons will have a hard time sleeping together on the sofa bed. Is there a such thing as having a cot brought in the room for one of my sons. Are there any other solutions besides upgrading the room? Thanks for any suggestions.

We have had ocean view rooms with pull down beds from the ceiling.  Is that what you have?   Yes, it is tight, but you will save $$ over booking 2 rooms.  Then you can use the $$ to extend your vacation before or after the cruise, try more exotic excursions, etc.  If you can get a cheap balcony with sofa bed, the kids can do that instead of the pull down bunks.  Sometimes there isn't that much difference between ocean view and balcony, depending upon your Crown and Anchor status. 

7 hours ago, Ms Travel said:

Which ship?

2 hours ago, Vacation Crazy said:

We always get one room with no issues.   The sofa pulls out like a trundle so there are 2 distinct beds.  Our teenage boys sleep just fine on them.  No complaints at all! 

They do not have this set up on every boat.. They usually only have this on Oasis Class Ships and Quantum class ships.. Older ships usually have just a regular pull out couch.. 

4 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

The other option, if the boys can't/won't sleep on the sofa bed together, is you and your husband sleep on the sofa bed, and the boys sleep on the twin beds, separated.

I've thought of that too. Maybe we will have to just wing it. We aren't a high maintenance family I'm sure we can find something that works.

7 minutes ago, RatedPG said:

Have you ever stayed in a stateroom with a pull out bed?  If not, this may help visualizing the setup.

That's great! We have only been on one other cruise and we got a great deal on a family room that could sleep 6. Being we are going on a holiday cruise prices were much higher. Just like you, we will only be in the room to sleep. Rather spend money elsewhere.