Anyone been on Mariner lately?

Jill

Got the itch to cruise. Already booked on Symphony next May. Just did Freedom last March. We’re 2 hours driving to Port Everglades and thinking of a 3 night In October to hold us over until May. 

I know it’s been Amped. What’s the crowd like? Loud and Rowdy? Afraid it’ll be like a Carnival cruise. Lol 

I was on Mariner in May, I don't notice any difference in the crowd then any other ship.  Coming off 3 Freedom class ships then Oasis I was worried about Mariner being a little smaller.  The size was great, just a tiny bit smaller then a Freedom ship, only the width of the ship was really noticeable to me.  I absolutely loved everything about Mariner!  We sailed on Navigator the  very next weekend and had the same experience and next up is Adventure in February. 

Voyager class (Mariner) is a favorite of mine.  Perfect size.  AMPED ships are even better.

I've done Carnival 3 night from California and it was a party crowd.  People passing out before muster.  Mariner and/or Navigator when I did them this past year were nothing like that.  The weekend 3 night cruises definitely have an energy to them and more of a festive culture but not a drunk college cruise although it was pretty lively late in the evenings on some nights.  

I’d recommend Navigator instead, it was given a much nicer amplification than Mariner.  We were on Mariner in June and August.  There was a huge decline in the quality of the food in the MDR from June to August.  We’re doing Navigator the weekend of 10/25 and again next June.

We’re actually currently on Symphony right now.

7 hours ago, Jill said:

Got the itch to cruise. Already booked on Symphony next May. Just did Freedom last March. We’re 2 hours driving to Port Everglades and thinking of a 3 night In October to hold us over until May. 

I know it’s been Amped. What’s the crowd like? Loud and Rowdy? Afraid it’ll be like a Carnival cruise. Lol 

Also would suggest Navigator.. I think they did a better job with the Amp and it leaves out of Miami in Terminal A which is Royal's best new terminal in my opinion.. 

11 hours ago, yzfmik said:

I was on Mariner in May, I don't notice any difference in the crowd then any other ship.  Coming off 3 Freedom class ships then Oasis I was worried about Mariner being a little smaller.  The size was great, just a tiny bit smaller then a Freedom ship, only the width of the ship was really noticeable to me.  I absolutely loved everything about Mariner!  We sailed on Navigator the  very next weekend and had the same experience and next up is Adventure in February. 

hows symphony going? Ill be on her in november and i am quite excited. 

10 hours ago, ChrisK2793 said:

I’d recommend Navigator instead, it was given a much nicer amplification than Mariner.  We were on Mariner in June and August.  There was a huge decline in the quality of the food in the MDR from June to August.  We’re doing Navigator the weekend of 10/25 and again next June.

We’re actually currently on Symphony right now.

We’re only 2 hours to Orlando. That’s where Mariner is. 

6 hours ago, AGSLC5 said:

Also would suggest Navigator.. I think they did a better job with the Amp and it leaves out of Miami in Terminal A which is Royal's best new terminal in my opinion.. 

Miami is 6 hours away. Canaveral is 2. It’s Mariner or nothing. We just want a quick get away. 

Thanks everyone! We did a 3 night on Sovereign 20 years ago and it was quite crazy. Although I’ll admit, I was part of the craziness! Lol It was a last Hoorah before I got pregnant with my second, so I thoroughly enjoyed myself! 

Still enjoy having fun but now a bit more reasonable! Age seems to do that. 

2 hours ago, Jill said:

Miami is 6 hours away. Canaveral is 2. It’s Mariner or nothing. We just want a quick get away. 

If its Mariner or nothing I would def. go with Mariner. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Mariner I just prefer Navigator but I wouldn't hesitate to go on Mariner again. I went 4 times since she was Amped and had a great time each time.. 

We did Mariner in May and it was a good ship.  It was only a 4 night cruise and wasn't too bad.  We have been on spring break cruises before and 9 night cruises.  Mariner was somewhere in between with its partying.  We aren't partiers and found the crowd just fine and enjoyed our cruise!  We were docked next to Navigator at a port and I would say Navigator looked better on the pool deck.  The water ride looked awesome!!!!

Thanks everyone! I booked yesterday with Sharla at MEI for end of October. After the 24 hour cabin hold, the price on the cabin dropped $200! I went with a guaranteed balcony which also was $200 less than picking the cabin. So that $400 in savings about paid for our drink package + VOOM. Added an ultimate dining and we came out at about $1800 for the 3 nights. We plan to “gift” our 6 Diamond drinks each day. That’ll be fun!  

Living 2 hours from Port Canaveral, we need to do this at least once a year. It’s a nice “tweener” cruise until Symphony in May plus we get to scope out CocoCay!