Getting a taxi to BAMZ and back to the port?

RCIfan1912

We are on Anthem  Saturday Sept. 21 and in Bermuda Monday 23rd and 24th. We have never explored the island with being on a ship excursion. We just kinda found BAMZ Bermuda Zoological society. Anyone been there? Is it difficult to get a taxi there and then back to the port? Is that gonna cost a lot because it seems to be pretty far from the cruise port? Thanks for any help or info on this place.

If you have never been to Bermuda before I would recommend that you take a tour of the Island.  There will be plenty of taxis & tour vans at the port.  Not sure of the rates bur rates are gov't regulated.  If you want to go on your own there are 2 public transit (ferry & bus) routes to use.

1) Take the Ferry to St George I think it leaves at 9:30AM.  once in St George go up to the bus stop heading to Hamilton (just ask any local for directions).  Get on the 10 or 11 bus always greet the driver with a good morning/afternoon and let them know that you want to get off at the Aquarium/Zoo. You can catch the 10 or 11 bus back to Hamilton then the ferry back to Dockyard.

2) Take the Ferry to Hamilton then walk 2 blocks up to Church St to the bus terminal and take the 10 or 11 bus to the Aquarium/Zoo. You can catch the 10 or 11 bus back to Hamilton then the ferry back to Dockyard.

If you are on Facebook join the Bermuda Bound group.  They are a wonderful bunch of locals and expert Bermuda visitors.

I am also on the Sept 21st Anthem cruise.

@RCIfan1912 --- Option #2 from what @MaryS said is exactly what I would have suggested ...... The bus ride over to the Aquarium shouldn't take too long.  The issue with the buses in Bermuda is that none of the routes operate from one end of the island to the other ...... the all converge on the Main Terminal in Hamilton .... it's a sort of hub where all the buses that operate either go from there to St. George (like the #10 and #11) or from there to the Dockyard (like the #7 or #8) --- so, if your destination is beyond Hamilton, taking the ferry to Hamilton (or St. George if it's available) will easily shave a good half hour or so off your travel time -- then transfer to a bus at the main terminal (to the right of City Hall).