Embarkation Day chaos, this is normal?

12thman

So I'm on the Allure finally, waiting for our suite to be ready. My question is embarkation day at the terminal always disorganized? We arrived and saw the suite guest entrance proceed through check in, security and then another line. That was confusing sign said "expedited" but there was another open area and several empty lines. We went there and made our way to have pictures taken. Then headed upstairs and the chaos ensued, first employee looked at my set sail pass and said go over to general boarding. While we headed over to general boarding another employee asked to see my pass and I mentioned I'm in a suite Sky class. Then we were told to go back the other way. Another employee looked at my pass after we got to the Star and Pinnacle area and said wait there. Finally another employee asked if we are Star or Sky? Said Sky then told to go to the Sky section. 

The chaos continued when they announced boarding would begin and employees started ushering people from every class, Key and B2B to a side entrance and after a couple minutes they came pouring back out and ushered back to their respective areas. They again announced that they would appreciate everyone's cooperation in sitting down. We were just told to stand up and board? Finally they got it straight I guess. B2B went first followed by Star, Sky, Sea and Key.

The thing that I'm amazed at is how little people knew where people were supposed to go!? They do this how times a week how many weeks a year?

As I boarded the ship no one asked where are we going? Offering directions. It was literally a free for all. We got on an elevator that doesn't go to our deck so we got off. Wandered around and asked an employee walking by where's our elevator he said the other end of the ship.

I'm so glad this blog exists because I knew we were going to the wrong area to wait in the terminal and that there's another set of elevators once on board. All the videos and information everyone has given has been a tremendous help. Thank you everyone for your kind input!!

Lunch Time!!

4 minutes ago, 12thman said:

'So I'm on the Allure finally, waiting for our suite to be ready. My question is embarkation day at the terminal always disorganized? We arrived and saw the suite guest entrance proceed through check in, security and then another line. That was confusing sign said "expedited" but there was another open area and several empty lines. We went there and made our way to have pictures taken. Then headed upstairs and the chaos ensued, first employee looked at my set sail pass and said go over to general boarding. While we headed over to general boarding another employee asked to see my pass and I mentioned I'm in a suite Sky class. Then we were told to go back the other way. Another employee looked at my pass after we got to the Star and Pinnacle area and said wait there. Finally another employee asked if we are Star or Sky? Said Sky then told to go to the Sky section. 

The chaos continued when they announced boarding would begin and employees started ushering people from every class, Key and B2B to a side entrance and after a couple minutes they came pouring back out and ushered back to their respective areas. They again announced that they would appreciate everyone's cooperation in sitting down. We were just told to stand up and board? Finally they got it straight I guess. B2B went first followed by Star, Sky, Sea and Key.

The thing that I'm amazed at is how little people knew where people were supposed to go!? They do this how times a week how many weeks a year?

As I boarded the ship no one asked where are we going? Offering directions. It was literally a free for all. We got on an elevator that doesn't go to our deck so we got off. Wandered around and asked an employee walking by where's our elevator he said the other end of the ship.

I'm so glad this blog exists because I knew we were going to the wrong area to wait in the terminal and that there's another set of elevators once on board. All the videos and information everyone has given has been a tremendous help. Thank you everyone for your kind input!!

Lunch Time!!

Hmmm? That is definitely not what we have experienced in the past, although we didn't have to deal with Star and Sky class along with The Key. You're right though, they do this enough to have their "stuff" together. I hope this is the worst part of your cruise.

Happy Cruising!

That kind of confusion served me well while boarding on the Ovation.  At the Seattle port, I was looking for the waiting area for Platinum members.  I found it all the way at the opposite end of the port from the entrance.  As I was about to find my spot, boarding for Key and Pinnacle began,  I was right there at the spot where these guests would go through.  I just walked towards the ship, skipped the pictures (LOL), onto the gangway, and onto the ship.  This Platinum cruiser boarded ahead of the other elite cruisers.  Nobody stopped me.  What was I to do ... go to the back of the line???   ha ha

I haven't experienced this in the past either at Port Everglades, actually disembarkation has usually been way more hectic for me than boarding at that particular port! ... though I hope they get it together because I board Allure in just under two weeks! 

Why yes, yes I am ridiculously excited. 

I have experienced this a few times (out of over 100 cruises though so not a huge deal). The two where no one knew what a Pinnacle was kinda surprised me and the last time was just last month in Bayonne. They didn't want me to sit with the suites, which is the correct answer, but Anthem boards quickly so just boarded with "Key" passengers. 

On 9/15/2019 at 3:06 PM, viga said:

Geezzz sorry to hear you went through all that hassle. I'm nervous now, I will be on Allure in 2 weeks, also in Sky class with my 88yr old mother in a wheel chair for her first cruise! I wonder what we are going to go thru especially with a guest with dissabilities

So after thinking about the chaos. Think the side entrance was for people that needed extra time to board not sure because it's not the main entrance. 

Side note Coastal kitchen is amazing!!! They bend over backwards for every guest. No request is turned down. First night we really enjoyed our waiter Richard asked to be seated in his section every night we are there. They rotate every night so initially they said they couldn't. Then the manager came over and asked the maitre d what was wrong? Afterwards the manager said no problem they will try. Tonight we are in Richard's section again. 

1 hour ago, 12thman said:

So after thinking about the chaos. Think the side entrance was for people that needed extra time to board not sure because it's not the main entrance. 

Side note Coastal kitchen is amazing!!! They bend over backwards for every guest. No request is turned down. First night we really enjoyed our waiter Richard asked to be seated in his section every night we are there. They rotate every night so initially they said they couldn't. Then the manager came over and asked the maitre d what was wrong? Afterwards the manager said no problem they will try. Tonight we are in Richard's section again. 

Thanks for the information. Glad to hear everything is going well now. Enjoy your cruise hope you have an amazing time!!!