Coke Freestyle Machines

danv3

Took a cruise on Oasis last summer and really enjoyed the Coke Freestyle machines...helped to make the drink package worthwhile for me.  I understand the machines are only on a handful of ships at the moment.  Anyone know when they might be rolling out to more ships?  I'm especially interested in Radiance of the Seas, which I'll be on in July.   :D

I have heard/read about these, but didnt have it on Monarch of the Seas when I was on it last year. Taking 2 trips on Enchantment of the seas this winter, wondering if it might be on that ship as well?

What is the big advanatge or deal with these machines?

Enchantment of the Seas has two Coke Freestyle machines. One is inside Windjammer Cafe and one is outside Cafe Latte-tudes. The machines work for guests who have purchased soda packages and are self-service.

The big deal about these machines is that you can combine different flavors to create new kinds of soft drinks.  There's over 100 flavors to choose from.

Took a cruise on Oasis last summer and really enjoyed the Coke Freestyle machines...helped to make the drink package worthwhile for me.  I understand the machines are only on a handful of ships at the moment.  Anyone know when they might be rolling out to more ships?  I'm especially interested in Radiance of the Seas, which I'll be on in July.   :D

There are no plans to add the Coca-Cola Freestyle machines to Radiance of the Seas.

I can't wait to try out these machines. Seems like some great choicies and convienient for sure.

Do they all offer the 100 different or so types of soda/water/sports drinks?

Was wondering about powerade in particualr as on their website it shows it does, but wondering if thats just an "option" it could have, or if that would be standard.

I can't wait to try out these machines. Seems like some great choicies and convienient for sure.

Do they all offer the 100 different or so types of soda/water/sports drinks?

Was wondering about powerade in particualr as on their website it shows it does, but wondering if thats just an "option" it could have, or if that would be standard.

Well technically all the flavors are optional on whether or not a particular brand is available in the market the machine is installed in. You pick a base flavor (like Coke or Fanta) and you can customize the drink with fruit flavors (Orange Coke or Orange Fanta, Lime Fanta, etc). These machines also dispense Dasani water which can be made carbonated and or mixed with any of the available fruit flavors. All of these combine to make up the 100+ different drink options.

The syrup system utilizes microdispensing technology to mix drinks the way you want them. You can also stop a drink mid-pour by just releasing the dispense button and select another drink to mix two together. So if you want to mix Orange Fanta with Mello Yello Grape you can. But who would want to do that, right? 

The flavors are stored in cartridges similar to ink cartridges for a printer. 

448px-Coca-Cola_Freestyle_syrup_cartridg

monctonguy: Coke Freestyle machines are available at certain Wendy's and Burger King locations in Canada. I don't know where in Canada you live, but try using the Facebook locator application to find a machine near you. 

https://www.facebook.com/cocacolafreestyle/app_157819484263715

I just checked my photo of one of the Coca-Cola Freestyle machine on Allure of the Seas from back in August. They offered Pibb Xtra (I think — my photo's a bit blurry) instead of Dr. Pepper.

That's what I thought was the case.  Thanks for checking :)

It's really too bad they aren't rolling them out more widely.  I'm sure they're expensive, but I'm also sure they drive revenue.  Without a Coke Freestyle machine, I probably choose not to get a drink package.

I know the freestyle machines were a big reason my wife bought the soda card last time, so agree.  

Also +1 for you for being a Strongbadd fan :P

We purchased the Soda package for the Independence last year as soon as we boarded and were really looking forward to the unlimited drinks but even though we checked with RC before the cruise when we went to use them 2 days into the cruise we found out that the Independence did not have them on board even though she had just had a minor refit. Fortunately we had not broken the seals on the souvenir cups and RC happily refunded them back to our account. The machines look great so I hope the Adventure has them on board for our next cruise.

It's unlikely that Adventure of the Seas will have them either. It seems that Royal Caribbean is only putting the Freestyle machines on ships that stay in the U.S.

This is correct. The reason is these machines need to be serviced by Coke personnel who are familiar and have the resources nearby to service the Freestyle machines. Ships sailing out of ports where there is no Coke Freestyle machines probably won't see the machines onboard until that region or country gets the machines/products. Also Coke products vary widely by region. A lot of the same products we enjoy here in the US are not available in many European countries. Likewise they have their own Coke branded products in Europe that aren't available here in the US.

Currently Freestyle machines are only available in the US, Canada and limited availability in the UK and Europe. As they become more popular, Coke will eventually install them in other countries.

These machines were amazing. I didn't realize from the posts here, that once you hit a button like "powerade", that you would then have another 5-10 choices of flavors etc.......

Was great, used alot. Very conveinent for sure.

Looking forward to using them again in 20 days!! :D

So you found one near you! 

Yes, I had no complaints at all. Actually reconized a few of the guys from the Monarch of the Seas last year.  Now just 14 days till I am back on this ship!

Enjoy. We do this trip 1x / 2x per year as a quik getaway & love it. Next trip will include para sailing at Coco Cay. This year was our 1st on Enchantment. Sad to see Monarch go, great ship even though she was older. Also enjoyed that she had the only female Captain in the industry at the time. She described Monarch as once the largest ship in RCI fleet but now a tug boat.

Enjoy your cruise!

Yes, I had no complaints at all. Actually reconized a few of the guys from the Monarch of the Seas last year.  Now just 14 days till I am back on this ship!

Were either of these follows still in the crew on Enchantment? (Click the images for full size photos)

post-74-0-23189300-1390954604_thumb.jpg
This is Richard Binuha, our assistant waiter in Nov 2011.  Really nice guy, always sought us out in the Windjammer and basically treated us as if he was our own personal waiter.  

post-74-0-75094100-1390954604_thumb.jpg

This is Dondon Villagomez.  He was an assistant waiter in a nearby section, and he took a shine to my kids, and they to him.   

I hope they've both been promoted; they definitely earned the WOW cards that RCL passed out and "made" the cruise for us. :)

post-74-0-23189300-1390954604_thumb.jpg

post-74-0-75094100-1390954604_thumb.jpg

• 11 months later...

Does anyone know if there will be the Coke Freestyle machines on Anthem of the Seas?

Generally they don't put those machines on ships sailing outside of USA but not sure if that will change once she comes to USA after her time in UK.

I am surprised that they dont have these machines on all the boats. If they don't want to use them when sailing outside of the USA, just don't turn them on?!

It' so much conveinent to use these machines than waiting in line for bartenders to fill cups which are also smaller. Plus it free's up time for the bartenders I am sure as well.

For all the cost that RCI has for each sailing, I can't imagine cost is the reason why they don't have these on all the ships?!

• 2 weeks later...

We love the freestyle machines locally and were really excited that they had them on the Jewel. However, the flavor of our preferred drinks was off. I could tolerate it, but my wife ended up requesting a refund for her beverage package as a result, which RCI granted.

• 4 months later...

I bought the soda package for both of my kids when we sailed on Oasis last month, and I actually think it's a good deal. I just wish that there were more machines (why, oh why, isn't there one on the Boardwalk?) and the machines were not serviced. One of the machines in the Windjammer was out of Coke syrup for the whole cruise. That said there were four machines in the Windjammer and there was rarely a line.

• 2 weeks later...

As of May 14, 2015, the following is a list of ships with the Coke Freestyle Machines:

Majesty

Explorer

Freedom

Oasis

Allure

Enchantment

Grandeur

Jewel

Coming soon to Quantum (date unknown)

They are already on Quantum, and have been since day one. I just wish they would be added to Liberty (prior to July 2015, wishful thinking), since Liberty is now a USA ship for the time being.