Next Cruise or RCCL Over The Phone

SuperNinja

So, I am trying to figure out which way would be best and get me the greatest benefits.  I am going to be on Symphony in less than 50 days, and I am thinking about booking Odyssey of the Seas for next year (Star Class).  Would it be better to wait for Next Cruise to take advantage of the OBC that they give through Next Cruise, or just do like I did most of the reservations and call and get the room booked?  

Our experience is usually Next cruise.  We still watch the deals when back on land and price match accordingly. But with it being 50 days out to book you might want to consider booking on land then see if you can get a better deal on the boat.  We have used the boat phone to call Royal several times to cancel the land deal and re-book at sea (you can't just alter reservation between the two, you have to cancel one and do a new booking for the other).  Sometimes the land price beats the OBC and price of Next Cruise.

41 minutes ago, SuperNinja said:

Would it be better to wait for Next Cruise to take advantage of the OBC that they give through Next Cruise

With this being a new ship and the fact that it APPEARS that they have reduced the number of SC suites on Odyssey, I would recommend booking as soon as possible. IMO waiting will only produce higher prices that would likely cancel out any OBC that you might reap from NextCruise.

Last time I assumed the forum was informed about something new and I was wrong, so just in case, the Next Cruise program now has an option were you have 2 months to decide your booking.  I put down a deposit for my 2 staterooms ($200 each) and I have 2 months to decide what ship and date I want to sail.

6 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

With this being a new ship and the fact that it APPEARS that they have reduced the number of SC suites on Odyssey, I would recommend booking as soon as possible. IMO waiting will only produce higher prices that would likely cancel out any OBC that you might reap from NextCruise.

Going to agree with this comment. One of two things will happen, the Star Class suites will sell out or the prices will go up. 

Worst case you could take the NRD hit and swing the deposit to another sailing if prices and availability stay. Just not sure if booking the OL or RL pricing can be checked prior to canceling.

7 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

+1 on this comment as well.