Coffee cards

Big Tule

Just buy one, if you use up all the punches purchase another. Side note, I like to get "large" sized coffee in the morning with 2 shots of espresso, they will punch your card twice for this drink, thus the coffee card really isn't a good bargain for people like me; also on many ships they will not allow you to get frappuccino type drinks with the punch card.

On 9/14/2019 at 6:47 AM, Big Tule said:

Does anyone know if the Coffee cards are transferable from ship to ship if they are not used.I would like to buy 2 as we like our coffee and I would hate to throw money away if we do not finish them ☕

There should be a couple of lines on the back of the card, and if you fill out the ship or dates of travel, it will likely prevent you from re-using the card.  If you put your name instead, you might get away with re-using the card.  One server always turned over my card before he asked my name to mark on the cup.  Maybe that is all he was looking for.....

Note:  Since May, Harmony has started marking the Caribbean Coconut as "2 punches" rather than the one punch for a normal cappucino or chai tea.  So the card does get used up faster.  I don't recommend buying the coffee card when you reach Diamond level and can get cappucini in the Diamond Lounge.

On 9/14/2019 at 2:38 PM, TXcruzer said:

Just buy one, if you use up all the punches purchase another. Side note, I like to get "large" sized coffee in the morning with 2 shots of espresso, they will punch your card twice for this drink, thus the coffee card really isn't a good bargain for people like me; also on many ships they will not allow you to get frappuccino type drinks with the punch card.

Hmmm, last ship I was on (Anthem of the seas). They didn’t seem to care how large a drink I got.  I was at the Starbucks each day grabbing 2 venti lattes with 2 shots each to bring back to the missus and they only punched my card for 2 beverages!

3 hours ago, guittech said:

Hmmm, last ship I was on (Anthem of the seas). They didn’t seem to care how large a drink I got.  I was at the Starbucks each day grabbing 2 venti lattes with 2 shots each to bring back to the missus and they only punched my card for 2 beverages!

I think this like a lot of things, @guittech, it's either hit or miss depending,  ship to ship or even barista to barista.

On 9/14/2019 at 5:47 AM, Big Tule said:

Does anyone know if the Coffee cards are transferable from ship to ship if they are not used.I would like to buy 2 as we like our coffee and I would hate to throw money away if we do not finish them ☕

I recently asked my TA this for my upcoming 10 day cruise in Jan. The coffee card is for that particular sailing, and not transferable.

5 hours ago, Mljstr said:

Does the price of the coffee card ever change? Does it matter whether you buy it on cruise planner or onboard and where do you buy it onboard?

I think that's the one thing that is the same in the cruise planner as onboard....but I can be wrong. It's just what I've seen on my last cruises.