New England cruises

jagbirder

9 hours ago, jagbirder said:

We are looking at taking a fall cruise to New England/Canada next year. Depending on which cruise we choose, there are At Sea days. I was wondering if any of the swimming pools would be operational at that time of year. I'm thinking maybe at least the Solarium pool, since it's inside???

We sailed on Serenade in Oct of 2017. The outside pools were open as well as the Solarium pool of course. My wife and I had the outside pool mainly to ourselves. It wasn't too bad, until you got out of the water. A bit chilly them.

We have been on 2 New England/Canada cruises with Royal. One on Explorer and one on Anthem. Explorer was in October and it was cold so not much pool use there but Anthem was in September and it was actually hot. Even Canada in Halifax and New Brunswick were both unseasonable warm to hot. We lucked out and plenty of pool use. The great thing about Anthem if that is the ship you are looking at has an indoor pool. We LOVE that pool. Can use it all year round.