Voyager AMP - Deck by Deck Changes

BaikG

On 9/26/2019 at 9:25 AM, Matt said:

I think this is a fair and honest explanation. They thought they were going to send Voyager to Asia, and planned the refurb for that market. As it turns out, they will change and a new refurb will come later.

While that doesn't make the reality better in the short term, it does confirm that RC is not actively looking to ignore/overlook the Australian cruise market.  Gavin didn't dress up the response with marketing slogans and confusing terminology. He shared a pretty insightful look into what they were thinking, and what the plans are now.

I agree with Matt assessment of the explanation

2 hours ago, Vanessa77 said:

Also, someone posted a letter from Royal in the Singapore cruise society FB page explaining that their April 21st 2021 cruise on voyager has been cancelled because they want to start the dry dock earlier than was previously scheduled. 

So it does indeed look like they are rectifying their mistake with regards to cancelling the full amplification.  

Someone also on there saying that on the final sailing that some venues had been closed and they we're already pulling them apart. They weren't very happy.

Myself and my wife have cruised with many lines I must say since our first cruise with Royal Caribbean we are now Royal Loyal next cruise Syd/Sing in April 2020 . We live in the west and to join a cruise we need to air travel to the east coast with air travel adding approx $1000 plus accomodation

Would it be viable for RCC to do a twice round  Australia with a bali stop if necessary giving the option of Syd/Syd , Bris/Bris, Darwin/Darwin, Freo/Freo, Adel/Adel, Mel/Mel. My opinion the Australian public would book this type of cruise you could add Tasmania or NZ if viable .

I would appreciate your feedback on better servicing the Australian market.

Regards Ian Mountford 

i was doing some reading about the Voyager amplification and while it doesnt have all the features we were hoping for, they seem to be giving the staterooms a decent overhaul as part of the works.

I read an article (link below) that says:

Other interesting facts and figures on Voyager’s revamp include

• 2,174 mattresses and 1,643 TVs changed in guest staterooms
  • 3,200 bed frames removed
  • 10,600 liters of paint used to repaint the ship
  • 10,000 pounds of laundry sent out weekly
  • 5,418 pieces of furniture replaced
  • 3,119 phones replaced in staterooms
  • A total of 138,196.85 man hours spent on dry dock construction

Source: https://cruisepassenger.com.au/the-first-look-inside-royal-caribbeans-revamped-voyager-of-the-seas/

9 hours ago, Phillo said:

i was doing some reading about the Voyager amplification and while it doesnt have all the features we were hoping for, they seem to be giving the staterooms a decent overhaul as part of the works.

I read an article (link below) that says:

Source: https://cruisepassenger.com.au/the-first-look-inside-royal-caribbeans-revamped-voyager-of-the-seas/

3,119 phones replaced in staterooms

Does some cabins have more than one phone? Because there are only 1643 cabins. 

2,174 mattresses and 1,643 TVs changed in guest staterooms

I thought that almost all cabins had at least 2 mattresses, it seems that they are not changing them all

8 hours ago, carlosalonsor said:

3,119 phones replaced in staterooms

Does some cabins have more than one phone? Because there are only 1643 cabins. 

2,174 mattresses and 1,643 TVs changed in guest staterooms

I thought that almost all cabins had at least 2 mattresses, it seems that they are not changing them all

I would think they are changing the entire phone system.  Probably moving to a VOIP PBX type thing.

As for mattresses.  Thats a fair call.  Who knows.... they might not be including sofa beds (in the calculation).

• 4 months later...

My husband and I have been cruising 1-2 (and sometimes 3x a year) for years and mostly on Royal.   I imagine it is hard to keep updating the older ships as they continue to crank out these newer and bigger ships every year!    Our favorite is the Oasis Class because there is so much more to do on board and so many dining choices as well.   As I read the disappointing comments from some of you about Voyager's Amp (or lack there of), here's a thought.....you might want to look at itineraries on Celebrity.  We actually went on Celebrity Equinox in the Eastern Caribbean in October (hadn't been on Celebrity in 10 years so we decided to try it because they had a great itinerary for us) and we really enjoyed it!  The ship is really pretty, service was exceptional and food was outstanding no matter where we ate.  We liked it so much we went again just 2 weeks ago and booked 2 more on Celebrity including their new Apex ship.   I know they have Australian Itineraries, so it might be worth a look.   The good news is that your Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor level will be recognized at the same level on Celebrity's Captain's Club.   The points however do not transfer; they stay with each line.   I also think they are geared more to a relaxing, quieter cruise vacation....so no rock climbing, skating, waterslides, etc.  If you are traveling with a lot of children, you may want to stick with Royal.   Like Royal, they also have updated a lot of their fleet so definitely take a look at them.....at least it is an option for you!  Cheers and happy sailing!