Robes

Nowhere in the descriptions of the ships amenities can I find a mention of complimentary bathrobes.  Can someone please advise me if robes are in the cabins upon arrival or if you have to ask cabin steward for them or they don't exist.  Not that I have room to pack a robe, but they are nice amenities on Princess and Holland.

We leave on Liberty of the Seas on 2/28/16.

Thank you.

If I remember correctly, robes are a standard benefit for Crown & Anchor members who are Platinum or higher.

You are correct. And while they were provided without asking on the Brilliance, the C&A letter on the Liberty stated that they were available by request only subject to availability, so the policy may vary slightly from ship to ship.

Just Diamond and we have yet to have the robes "automatically", my wife likes them though so I get to go through the song and dance routine of requesting them each time.

The answer is always "they are limited but I will see what I can do" and usually they show up in the cabin, couple of times we only got 2 for the 3 of us.

Not a big deal but frustrating that you can remember my worthless bag of cookies and my C&A letter but somehow the robes that are supposed to be a perk I have to ask for every time.

Ya know this is the "chintziest & cheapest" thing I've ever heard of on a major cruise line. I am shocked and appalled that complimentary robes are only for a select few!! WTH are they thinking??? If I packed my robe, that's all I could bring !! It's bad enough their drinks are $12.00+ now I find out no robes for the peons....even though they do have the highest class of balcony room. We are long time cruisers but this is my 1st RCL cruise & highly likely will be my last !!

Just Diamond and we have yet to have the robes "automatically", my wife likes them though so I get to go through the song and dance routine of requesting them each time.

The answer is always "they are limited but I will see what I can do" and usually they show up in the cabin, couple of times we only got 2 for the 3 of us.

Not a big deal but frustrating that you can remember my worthless bag of cookies and my C&A letter but somehow the robes that are supposed to be a perk I have to ask for every time.

You can use my robe how's that?  We get them in our cabin but I never us it.  GF loves it tho!

P.S. It sort of sounds like you aren't really even going to give RCCL a chance since you seem to be 100% negative before you have ever even cruised with them.  Hopefully you get the WOW we all have gotten in the past!  Freedom class ships are the best IMO.  

Awwww you are too kind :-). No really I haven't given up on them before we even start....honest!! I am just use to certain things being certain ways and I kind of thought all the major lines would be the same on some of the basics . I fully intend to go on this cruise and have a WONDERFUL time😠Honest !!

Princess does too. In fact if you ask your cabin steward he will exchange them for deluxe robes for you .

They didn't when I sailed them years ago, but this makes sense since they're trying to market themselves as a premium line.

Of the majors, I see Carnival and NCL the most direct competitor to Royal, then you have a group that contains Celebrity, Holland America, and Princess, and then beyond that you have the ultra premium lines like a Crystal that I haven't sailed on. And even though they market and price themselves differently, I personally haven't found that much difference between them based on the price charged. Royal currently is the best fit for me overall, but there are some individual things I like better on other lines.

Totally Agree!! Sometimes it's the little things like on Holland they change the carpet every day in the elevators with the correct day of the week on them. Princess has a different color carpeting in the hallways for port & starboard. âš“ï¸ðŸ˜

Royal actually changes the carpet with the day if the week, too. My favorite feature was the carpet on Disney that had fish swimming towards the bow, so you always knew if you were headed fore or aft.

Ha Ha cutest idea ever...fishes swimming fore & aft . Glad to hear Royal posts the day of week via carpets! Some days you need all the help you can get!!

Completely agree. It's s nice touch. You'll actually find Royal gets it right more times than not especially when it comes to onboard activities. I've also have found the fellow passenger experience to be best on Royal in terms of overall friendliness.

Here is what a "luxury" robe is like. They are the same size as the ones you always get, I'm guessing a size large. They are fluffier and have a blue beaded trim. Most notably they haven't been washed nearly the amount as the regular robes so they are still quite nice. 100% cotton.

Let me tell you a story about RCL and robes. Two years ago I intended on giving my wife a Christmas present, a RCL robe and a couple pilfered breakfast door hangers from a previous cruise. I thought "what Royal Caribbean loving woman would not want to find that under the tree" and "why wouldn't Royal Caribbean want to sell me a robe with their logo on it?"

I couldn't have been more WRONG. 

At the beginning of November I started with the Florida company that is authorized to sell logo'd merchandise. They offer robes but they are not the robes used onboard. Meaning they are not 100% cotton. Dude, I'm going through all of this; I want the NICE robe, DUH. And they were out of stock and after a lengthy conversation with the owner not going to be in stock for Christmas delivery. I got they feeling they were not a very busy company and have no marketing plan what-so -ever.

I tried RCL Crown and Anchor and talked with a supervisor. Told them what I wanted and added "....at any price up to $500."  Nope...no can do.

So my wife ended up with a beat up and cheap Peter Max poster I bought on e-Bay for $30 that year.

Now we giggle when asked by a Park West art auction person "Who do you collect?" We proudly respond "We Collect Peter Max!!!" Watch their eyes light up and then casually tell their fellow co-wokers there are a couple strong potential suckers aboard.

• 2 weeks later...

So my wife ended up with a beat up and cheap Peter Max poster I bought on e-Bay for $30 that year.

Now we giggle when asked by a Park West art auction person "Who do you collect?" We proudly respond "We Collect Peter Max!!!" Watch their eyes light up and then casually tell their fellow co-wokers there are a couple strong potential suckers aboard.

HAHAHA.

My partner and I will randomly look at each other when we pass the art gallery, and GASP, saying things like, "HAVE YOU HEARD OF PETER MAX?! HE'S AMAZING!" "Did you hear the history of Peter Max?" "Peter Max basically FOUNDED our country!"

Too funny.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My partner and I will randomly look at each other when we pass the art gallery, and GASP, saying things like, "HAVE YOU HEARD OF PETER MAX?! HE'S AMAZING!" "Did you hear the history of Peter Max?" "Peter Max basically FOUNDED our country!"

Too funny, I wish I would have done that last week when on Vision.  On our cruise they had this contest where you tried to guess the value of the Peter Max painting, and to enter you fill out the form with your name, your guess, and the name of your favorite artist.  My 9 year old wrote "me" for that final question...

• 2 weeks later...

Princess does give robes in each cabin. We sailed Princess twice and even though they gave us robes, I thought Princess was far inferior to Royal Caribbean. Royal Caribbean's cabins are much larger, and the food, plus entertainment on Royal Caribbean was far better than Princess. That said, I consider the robes a non-issue.

We're looking forward to cruising from Baltimore on the Grandeur on June 23, and I hope that Royal Caribbean will met and exceed our expectations, as they have in the past.