Odyssey - Inaugural - YOLO

ptod

5 hours ago, RatedPG said:

OK... what is special about an inaugural cruise?  

The only inaugural that we have done is the Oasis inaugural back in 2009. For us the draw is sailing with friends, and like @Rose City Cruiser mentioned, being the first to check out a brand new ship. When we sailed oasis, they gave out some complimentary gifts as part of the inaugural sailing (towels, key chains, etc.).

8 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

OMG OMG OMG - Mr SpeedNoodles said "heck, we might as well get a quote!!"   I flung "Maybe we should just stay on the ship and do the 5-night afterwards" and he's all "I'd do that".  #EatingRamenForTheNextYear

How you did it? 

Me: The newest ship is out for booking. It will be in November 4, 2020. It is 4 days cruise from Fort Lauder Dale.

Hubby: Oh yea. huh

me: Do you think we should go for our 20 years together?

Hubby: Omm huh

Me: We can book B2B so we don't waste money on the flight to FLL. It will be 9 nights cruise. We might not take N (my son) with us and ask your mom to take care of him while we on the cruise. Do you think she will do it?

Hubby: Huh !!! Don't know!!!

Me: It is not that bad we can stay interior room for just $3000  for B2B + Flight.

Hubby: Snore Snore Cricket 

That was happen last night at around midnight. I didn't ask him any further because it was time to sleep. He is at work right now. It is sad. I want to go on this one since a lot of you guys will be there but still up in the air. I think it is about the timing and school scheduled not the money. 

@SpeedNoodles this was our conversation last night:

Me:  So...You know Royal is coming out with a brand new ship called Odyssey.  We haven't sailed it yet.

Hubby:  Ok, did you already do something?

Me: Well, it's a 4 night and a ton of people are going.  I may have put something on hold.

Hubby:  Do I really have options here?

Me:  Not really.  Love you. ?

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I just can’t justify the flight for a 4-nighter and I don’t have enough vacation to do a B2B. Enjoy, everyone !

I'm not sure I will either (or probably the biggest problem will be finding a pet sitter for October AND November).  But I'll book now and worry about it later, lol (since prices will rise even higher over the year - if I wait to decide it'll be even more ridiculous).

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@SpeedNoodles this was our conversation last night:

Me:  So...You know Royal is coming out with a brand new ship called Odyssey.  We haven't sailed it yet.

Hubby:  Ok, did you already do something?

Me: Well, it's a 4 night and a ton of people are going.  I may have put something on hold.

Hubby:  Do I really have options here?

Me:  Not really.  Love you. ?

Mine was just as easy

74BA285B-10D0-4D7C-89FA-DB5AB6951F87.jpeg

You guys are such a bad influence on me!!  I'm now trying to convince my hub to yolo

Update on me trying to convince hub.   We're planning on moving to South Carolina around March-June, so I'm like... but we can just drive down to Ft Lauderdale rather than needing to take a train/fly!   

I'm also thinking I might be able to convince my parents to do this as well as like a family thing.   We were going to do a family cruise on Celebrity but an inaugural would be even more special!

6 minutes ago, TJ! said:

Is this ship taking the title of largest cruise ship in the world for 2020 or will symphony of the sea still remain the champion for now?

From what I know Symphony still the largest ship but there is another Oasis class ship come out. Not sure bigger than Symphony or not.

1 minute ago, Susie said:

From what I knew Symphony still the largest ship but there is another Oasis class ship come out. Not sure bigger than Symphony or not.

Oasis 5 (I believe she will be Melody of the Seas) will certainly be just ever so slightly bigger in tonnage than Symphony.  They do this every time so that they get the "biggest ship in the world" press that comes with it.  

My dream cruise ship would be Oasis class with Quantum Class features.

Symphony size or a little bigger then add 270, seaplex,  iFly, Northstar and change dazzle to Music hall, that would complete my dream cruise. However, I will need at least 10 -14 days cruise or B2B to do all these activities.