3 night dining package confusion?

RCIfan1912

1 minute ago, Yo2slick said:

Its per person but keep in mind that anything you buy will have an 18% gratuity charge added to it.  So its really 116.82 per person.  

The gratuity charge is not added on to the dining package if you buy it ahead of time in the cruise planner. I just double checked my confirmation email to make sure I wasn't making that up. 

2 minutes ago, spiralqueen said:

The gratuity charge is not added on to the dining package if you buy it ahead of time in the cruise planner. I just double checked my confirmation email to make sure I wasn't making that up. 

I stand corrected.  We bought our dining package on board but at a discounted rate.  Now that I think about it adding the 18% to ours on board makes it about the same price that I saw on the cruise planner.  Thank you for the correct info.  

7 minutes ago, spiralqueen said:

this is correct, the price in the cruise planner has the gratuity included

So that 99 bucks included the gratuity? That makes it more appealing. It's only a 5 night cruise so I'm not sure I want to even do 3 nights dining specially. I mean I know we are gonna do Jaime's Italian. That we agreed upon, we loved it there first time. My wife and I actually like going to the MDR. Now for Oasis in May 7 days to FL and Coco Cay I think definitely we will get a 3 night dining package or whatever they offer. Thanks for the answers guess, appreciate it as usual. 

49 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

So that 99 bucks included the gratuity?

For the time being (this could change any day), if you purchase the dining plan from the cruise planner prior to sailing, the gratuities are already included.  If you wait until you get on board to purchase, the gratuity will be added onto the base price you pay.

On the Ovation, there was some confusion as to where the 3-night dining package could be used.  At Fish & Ships, I was told that the Unlimited Package can be used there but not the 3-night package.  At the Pub, the waiter did not know how to address the matter.  He wanted to see what package I had but I actually did not have any. I was just asking for somebody else.  What I’m saying is that the crew themselves are not sure about the details and fine print of these packages.