Odyssey on sale

FionaMG

I believe at this time, all details except for the rooms, are up to speculation as the deck plans above show the Solarium set up like Spectrum with Silver Dining and Suite-only access. This wouldn’t make sense with the CL being so far away and taking away the Solarium from non-suite guests in that market. However, if it is, the Silver Dining location could be turned into CK. 

14 minutes ago, mattymay said:

What the actual??

There's a premium for new ship + US holiday sailings. 

If you look at the upcoming New Years Freedom Group Cruise on Royal's site it is currently at:

sanj.thumb.png.b6b6edbc1bcf22a47895ecc88981f818.png

The group prices that were locked in by MEI for this Freedom sailing were just under $1900 for TWO people.

If you are interested in the Odyssey sailings you may want to check with MEI to see if they've secured group pricing yet for a particular sailing.  The travel agencies know there will be demand for these sailings as more and more people find out about them, so they are reserving blocks of rooms which will lock in the lower prices before demand makes them increase even further.

1 hour ago, mattymay said:

I get that but it's almost double the US price! So after currency conversion it is still over $1200 more expensive.

Ah..I just did the currency conversion and didn't even look at the comparable US site pricing.

You may be able to look into booking with a US travel agent and get the USD pricing.  I think the Australian pricing may include some things that the US pricing doesn't -- more consumer protection and included gratuities?  Haven't really looked into it but I have heard some grumbling that they also don't allow taking advantage of price drops either when you book from the Australian site.

So just to be sure, Odyssey is not exactly like Spectrum in that it doesn't seem to have the Golden/Silver JS that Spectrum has correct.  I finally had time today to take a more closer look at the deck plans that @CGTLH shared and it doesn't look like they have that Deck 16 setup like how Spectrum does.  But it is considered the same class of ship as Spectrum?

22 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

But it is considered the same class of ship as Spectrum?

I'd say so, even with the difference in cabin locations and amenities. Foot print still seems the same, good example is the jut out on 16.

I'm sure many of disappointed about not maintaining the "ship within a ship" concept with the Suites and amenities. Same time a huge uproar started due to restricted Solarium that was a core element of the "ship within a ship" design.

56 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

So just to be sure, Odyssey is not exactly like Spectrum in that it doesn't seem to have the Golden/Silver JS that Spectrum has correct.  I finally had time today to take a more closer look at the deck plans that @CGTLH shared and it doesn't look like they have that Deck 16 setup like how Spectrum does.  But it is considered the same class of ship as Spectrum?

It is a Quantum Ultra or Plus but it's not clear from the preliminary deck plans how the forward decks 13 - 16 will end up.  

For example on Spectrum deck 13 has a lot grand suites a few "Golden Balcony" cabins forward port side.  They are in a dedicated "Golden space" with card readers in the halls (blue dots on deck plans).  Those blue dots remain on the preliminary Odyssey deck plans but those cabins appear to be regular balcony cabins.  

On deck 9 - 12 on the hump where Anthem has OS, Spectrum and Odyssey show JS on the hump.  

On Spectrum the golden area has its own elevator that goes from deck 13 to 16.   On Odyssey this same elevator seems to go from deck 14 to 16 with cabins on deck 13 where this elevator is on Spectrum.  The Solarium on deck 13 has blue dots (card readers) at its entrances.  This could be a copy/paste error or maybe the Solarium will be for suites. 

Comparing Spectrum deck 14 to 16 forward it looks very different between Spectrum and Odyssey.

It's interesting that some deck plan features are unique to Odyssey so it suggests she will have a new layout different from her sisters but then those card readers are there which suggests the Solarium could be suites only.  That will be big news if that is true.  The deck 13 aft Concierge Club for example.  Only Quantum class ship with this on deck 13.  No suite lounge called out.  That's surprising.  A CL but no SL?  What?

Too early to draw conclusions. 

• 1 month later...

Interesting that they will have an Izumi and a teppanyaki in separate locations.

I am very surprised to see that they will continue with the Concierge Lounge and have not switched over to the Suites Lounge.

I also notice that they did NOT adopt the ship-within-a-ship concept for the suites.  Very happy to see that the downgraded the aft suites on deck 10 from Star Class.  They were not SC caliber AT ALL.

21 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Very happy to see that the downgraded the aft suites on deck 10 from Star Class.  They were not SC caliber AT ALL.

Could have gotten rid of the Sky Lofts and made the space in to four Grand Lofts. (Using Anthem's design)

3 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Taking a closer look at these deck plans and it looks like there are only 5 Star Class suites?  Am I seeing that correctly or did I miss something?

Based on plans, accurate. Makes me wonder if one Genie and an assistant or two Genies.

Giovanni's plus Jamie's?  Deck plans still show Jamie's.  

No Playmakers on the deck plans.  Restaurant symbol where Coastal Kitchen should be.

There is also some evidence the outdoor seating area for Jamie's could be consumed for another lifeboat.  

I think the deck plans have a little work to go. 

JS benefits state CK, full suites don't.   Hmmm.  

Sea Class Exclusives

• Dedicated Check In Line
  • Priority Boarding
  • Coastal Kitchen Dinner
  • Royal Caribbean Classic Bathrobe
  • L'Occitane 50 ml Bathroom Amenities
  • In Room Mr. Coffee/Tea Service (kettle)

Sky Class Exclusives

• VOOM - High Speed Internet (1-device per person)
  • Dedicated Check In Line
  • Priority Boarding
  • Priority Departure
  • Concierge Service
  • Suite Lounge/Concierge Club Access

Star Class Exclusives

• VOOM – High Speed Internet (1-device per person)
  • Complimentary Gratuities
  • Suite Lounge/Concierge Club Access
  • Concierge Service
  • Complimentary Specialty Dining
  • Complimentary Deluxe Beverage Package
  • Royal Genie Service

1 hour ago, monctonguy said:

Isn't Playmakers clearly showing and stated on the article Matt posted?..I though it looked like a good location and fit for it..am I missing something?

They didn't bother to update that part of the deck plans.  Are you as shocked and surprised as I am?

I also think Leaf & Bean Pub is an interesting name for a bar ?

6 hours ago, BB1 said:

Concierge lounge

6 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I am very surprised to see that they will continue with the Concierge Lounge and have not switched over to the Suites Lounge.

Looking at https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/odyssey-of-the-seas/things-to-do?ecid=pr_int_pblc_r_wb_3338 it might end up as a Suite Lounge...

491295981_SmartSelect_20191024-191819_SamsungInternet-600x931.thumb.jpg.53af75f03106665cc11c5c46c7b3f9f5.jpg