someone else canceling my cruise

nojo

Was it booked thru a travel agent?  If so, I don’t believe they will let anybody other than the agent cancel the cruise.  They definitely won’t let anybody other than the agent make regular changes to your reservation.   If you aren’t booked thru a travel agent, if it’s been less than 60 days since you booked, and you haven’t paid in full, you can have your reservation transferred to any travel agent you choose.  Everyone on here seems to recommend MEI travel.

Not to scare you, but I have actually read of this happening before.  I don’t think it would be hard to do if you are booked directly through Royal.  Are you the primary POC for this cruise ?  That might make it harder but I definitely think you should take some precautions if you can.  Transfer the booking, and as Twangster suggested, call and have them note that you do not intend to cancel your cruise.

2 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Not to scare you, but I have actually read of this happening before.  I don’t think it would be hard to do if you are booked directly through Royal.  Are you the primary POC for this cruise ?  That might make it harder but I definitely think you should take some precautions if you can.  Transfer the booking, and as Twangster suggested, call and have them note that you do not intend to cancel your cruise.

I know it sounds kinda silly, but maybe you could give RC a password that you would have to use to make any changes? Whatever works.

why would they cancel your cruise?  did they pay for it?  If they did, they could potentially dispute the charge with the credit company which would trump anything else you did (and they might be right to cancel it if they are not on the trip).

If they are not paying for it, and you are just concerned with them being vindictive, then perhaps simplest solution is to cancel the cruise yourself and rebook without their name involved, then they would have no authority and would not know the itinerary number.

of course if you are past the 100% refund date, that wouldnt be an option.