Post cruise Miami airport transfer

Gerryb

I have a similar question as well because I apparently booked a hotel that comes with a free shuttle transfer and I have no idea when and where to meet this person.

They supposedly will pick me up from the airport when I fly in the night before to take me to my hotel then pick me up from the hotel to take me to the ship the next day?

Someone lightly covered it by sayings if its through RCI then all the information will be included on the online check in on your cruise planner?

Also welcome to the blog/board!

@GerrybWe used the RC shuttle to the airport when we disembarked.  When we exited the terminal, there were RC employees with signs who directed us to the bus.  Be aware that we saw a lot of people holding signs for transportation.  It took us a few to realize that we needed to find the Royal Caribbean one.

As far as what time it leaves, it appeared to us that the buses left when they were full.  You have to be off the ship regardless of how late your flight is.  We put our bags out the night before, and the luggage tags we were provided with notated that we had the RC shuttle.  Our flight was 430 pm, so we hung out in the terminal and played Scrabble.

@TJ!  If your shuttle is through your hotel, you may have to coordinate with the hotel itself.  Our hotel said to call when we got through baggage claim and directed us to a certain area in the arrivals pickup section (there are numbered posts there).  Twice the shuttle came by and was full.  The third time it came by, we let a family with 3 small kids take the last remaining space and called for a Lyft.  We got to the hotel at the same time as the shuttle.    In the morning, the shuttles were extremely busy so we called a Lyft again.

The Lyft ride was $20 from the airport to our hotel and $21 from hotel to Terminal A (plus $5 cash tip each ride).

We stayed at the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North.

Thanks Teddy for that, I thought they would have us off early. I don’t fancy all that time at the airport. We might go for one of the RC excursions that stores your luggage then spend some time on the hop on hop off bus then back for the luggage and airport transfer. I’m a little reluctant as we already have the transfer as part of the deal. I’ll se what the wife says then I suppose we will do that.?