Western Mediterranean Cruise/Jewel of the Seas

AmaliaLopez

10 hours ago, haf said:

We cruised on Jewel of the seas this past july. We have been on the western Mediterranean itinerary. Here is my review: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2684920-jewel-of-the-seas-review-western-mediterranean-july-14-2019-july-21-2019/?tab=comments#comment-58055150

I will be having different route, because we are leaving from Barcelona. It is still nice to read for your experiments from same vessel at Mediterranean.

38 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

I will be having different route, because we are leaving from Barcelona. It is still nice to read for your experiments from same vessel at Mediterranean.

At least, you are starting off your vacation with a very nice and interesting city. It could be nice if you spend 3 days in Barcelona before the cruise. Lots to do and visit.

We will be on the Allure of the Seas next July, leaving Barcelona and going to 

1. PALMA DE MALLORCA, SPAIN 
  2. PROVENCE(MARSEILLE), FRANCE 
  3. FLORENCE/PISA(LASPEZIA)ITALY 
  4. ROME (CIVITAVECCHIA), ITALY 
  5. NAPLES, ITALY

If anyone has been on this trip yet please let me know if the excursions are worth it or better to explore on your own.  We did one in the Baltics in June and explored Estonia on our own and had a great time.

On 9/18/2019 at 5:03 PM, steveandlanada said:

5. NAPLES, ITALY

If anyone has been on this trip yet please let me know if the excursions are worth it or better to explore on your own.  We did one in the Baltics in June and explored Estonia on our own and had a great time.

Except for Naples, which I have not visited yet, It is easy to explore it on your own.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2019 at 5:03 PM, steveandlanada said:

5. NAPLES, ITALY

2 different friends did this on Oasis this past summer, a few weeks apart. Both absolutely raves about it. One was couples only, the other a family trip. 

• 4 months later...
Just now, AmaliaLopez said:

Wanderer, have any of your documents been uploaded to your Royal Caribbean account?  We are 61 days out.  They are usually uploaded by now.

As a general rule, Cruise docs are available 49 days (7 weeks) prior to sailing but not before.  Sometimes it’s a day or 2 later, but never earlier.

On 2/25/2020 at 5:50 PM, AmaliaLopez said:

Wanderer, have any of your documents been uploaded to your Royal Caribbean account?  We are 61 days out.  They are usually uploaded by now.

I don't have those neither yet. I am sure they will pop up soon.

By the way, where do you live? It seems that there have been significant price drops on our cruise. If you are living in a country that you can take a privilege of price drops, it might be a good idea to contact your travel agent. Unfortunately we are not able to take full advantage of these price drops here in Finland ?

@AmaliaLopez

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that there have been itinerary changes. 

New itinerary and port of calls:

1. Barcelona
  2. Nice (Villefrance)
  3. Cruising
  4. Málaga
  5. Alicante
  6. Palma De Mallorca
  7. Valencia
  8. Barcelona

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/itinerary/7-night-italy-france-spain-from-barcelona-on-jewel/JW07BCN-3062876665?sail-date=2020-04-26&currency=USD&country=USA&dates_maxDate=04%2F30%2F2020&dates_minDate=04%2F01%2F2020

25 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

It seems that there have been itinerary changes. 

New itinerary and port of calls:

1. Barcelona
  2. Nice (Villefrance)
  3. Cruising
  4. Málaga
  5. Alicante
  6. Palma De Mallorca
  7. Valencia
  8. Barcelona

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/itinerary/7-night-italy-france-spain-from-barcelona-on-jewel/JW07BCN-3062876665?sail-date=2020-04-26&currency=USD&country=USA&dates_maxDate=04%2F30%2F2020&dates_minDate=04%2F01%2F2020

I knew this was coming and it finally happened. Ugh, now waiting for shore excursion refunds and rebooking new ones. Ugh! But at least they gave us good stops.

Received an email today from RC about a change in itinerary for our Dubai to Rome cruise this March. Surprise, surprise Naples and Rome cancelled., now going to Cyprus and Crete. Can’t say I am overly disappointed about missing out on Italy apart from having to re arrange flights to get back home from Greece now. ??

7 minutes ago, Ben10 said:

Received an email today from RC about a change in itinerary for our Dubai to Rome cruise this March. Surprise, surprise Naples and Rome cancelled., now going to Cyprus and Crete. Can’t say I am overly disappointed about missing out on Italy apart from having to re arrange flights to get back home from Greece now. ??

Wow. I went to Crete 12 yrs ago. I did this kayak excursion. Beautiful!!!

I am on the cruise that was suppose to go out at April 8 , 

Here is the email 

Dear Guest,

Before we set sail, we have some important information to share with you for your upcoming April 8th, 2020 Jewel of the Seas cruise.

At Royal Caribbean International, the safety and well-being of our guests and crew is top priority. So, in light of current regional travel conditions and the continued developments related to Coronavirus COVID-19, we’ve made the difficult decision to cancel our visit to Portofino, Florence/Pisa (La Spezia), Rome (Civitavecchia), and Naples/Capri. Please know, we did not take this decision lightly and determined it was best to maintain your well-being, as there has been an increase of Coronavirus COVID-19 cases in Italy. Fortunately, we’ve been able to secure excellent alternatives for you to enjoy.

We’ll now begin our cruise in Athens (Piraeus), Greece where we’ll set sail from at 8:00 PM. We’ll then head to Mykonos, Greece on Thursday, Chania (Souda), Crete on Friday, and Katakolon, Greece on Saturday. Then, instead of our visit to Sete, France, we’ll now have an additional sea day on Sunday before continuing with the rest of our original itinerary visiting Spain and the United Kingdom. We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused by this change. However, we’re confident you’ll have an excellent time with us. Below, please find our revised itinerary.

Image did not load.

We’re sorry for this unexpected change. We know you’ll need to accommodate your flights for your arrival to Athens (Piraeus), Greece now. So, here’s what we’re going to help you with:  

• If you purchased flights through our Air2Sea program, we’ll reschedule your flights to our embarkation port for you. There is no need for you to call in as we will be sending your new flight details via email no later than Wednesday, March 11th.
  • If you booked your flights independently, you may reach out to your airline carrier to assist with the changes.
    • If you re-book your flights on your own and incur a change fee, we’ll reimburse you up to $200 USD per guest for Domestic flights and up to $400 USD per guest for International flights, with proper documentation. Please submit your receipts to RoyalGuestRelations@rccl.com for review and reimbursement. 
    • If you need assistance accommodating your travel home, our Air2Sea Team is available to assist you at 888-372-9996 from the US or Canada or 019321834223 Internationally.  If you’d like to re-book your flights through our Air2Sea Team, you’ll be booked in economy class flights at no additional cost. Please know, flights are at the discretion of our Air Sea Experts.
  • And, if you booked airport transfers through us and are changing your flights through the airline directly, please contact us to provide the new flight details. 

Any pre-paid Royal Caribbean International shore excursions for Rome (Civitavecchia), Florence/Pisa (La Spezia), Portofino, Provence (Marseille), and Sete will be refunded back to your original form of payment. In the next few days, you’ll receive an email with your updated tour details. Then, feel free to continue browsing all the exciting shore excursion options for your sailing in Cruise Planner!

Lastly, starting March 6th, 2020 on all Royal Caribbean International ships, temperature screenings will be conducted for all guests and crewmembers on embarkation day. Over the last few weeks, we’ve implemented new and enhanced health & safety protocols, along with travel regulations, and we decided that adding temperature checks will further help ensure we maintain a healthy onboard environment. So, if your temperature is above 100.4°F or 38° C, you and those in your party will undergo a secondary health screening. Temperatures will be taken with a digital, no-touch thermometer. If you require a secondary screening, this is what you can expect: 

• Your temperature will be checked again. 
  • You’ll undergo a pulse oximetry reading. This means, a small device will be placed on your finger to measure your oxygen level. 
    • If you happen to have a chronic lung illness, like asthma, please bring a letter from your medical practitioner that indicates your normal baseline oxygen saturation levels. This will help ensure you are not denied boarding if you are healthy otherwise.
  • Then, a medical professional will check you for flu-like symptoms, respiratory illness, etc., and would make a final assessment to understand if you’re fit to sail. 

If it is decided that we must unfortunately deny you boarding, you’ll receive a 100% Future Cruise Credit for your cruise fare paid, and any pre-cruise Royal Caribbean International purchases and taxes and fees will be refunded to your original form of payment. 

And, if for any reason, you happen to have a fever before your cruise, we kindly ask you to not come to the port. Please contact us or your Travel Advisor immediately and we will happily provide you with a credit for future travel.

The health, safety, and comfort of our guests and crew remain our highest priority. To learn more about how we are keeping our ships in tip top shape, and for insights into our travel regulations, click here.

Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International. We look forward to seeing you onboard very soon!

Sincerely,

Image did not load.

Now I need to find a flight to Athens, hope no more changes and things in Barcelona and Greece would not go like North of Italy.

The April 19th itinerary was also changed as well:

Day 1 - Barcelona
Day 2 - Nice
Day 3 - Marseilles (Provence)
Day 4 - Cruising
Day 5 - Malaga
Day 6 - Alicante
Day 7 - Cruising
Day 8 - Barcelona

(I don't have a cruise booked for this year, forwarding information from a friend of mine who elected to cancel.) 

@Traveler, are you still planning to go on your April 8th cruise? 

1 hour ago, accio7 said:

@Traveler, are you still planning to go on your April 8th cruise?

29 Days to go who knows ?

Currently, here if I go anyway I will need to be quarantine after I will come back ...  Also not easy to find flights (many airline cancel the flight due to the quarantine requirements)  I do hope something will change but for now all we see is more and more cases in Greece and Spain , if Italy is the example Spain going to be there soon.   

We are booked on the Jewel April 19th. We  are thinking to cancel and rebook for another destination. They have added Spain ports but we are afraid that’s also going to be changed because also in Spain the coronavirus is getting bigger as there where 1550 Corona’patients’ yesterday.

On 9/11/2019 at 8:33 PM, AmaliaLopez said:

Anyone done a Western Mediterranean cruise or sailed on the Jewel of the Seas. We are doing our April 2020 and was just trying to get any information I could.

I suggest that you read my post earlier today - Jewel of the Seas stuck in Dubai - Not looking good for future sailings.

• 2 weeks later...