Proposal locations on Harmony

sammysam

Welcome & Congrats!

An idea for something private if you have a balcony ... Maybe setup a bottle of champagne and some rose pedals leading to the table outside with the ring being displayed somehow. I did something like this in Vegas, my wife loved it as she wouldn't have wanted some big in public thing.

For something more public ... I don't know the Harmony but know the Oasis from 2012. Sunset? Hmmm -- lots of outside spaces. I'd talk to the Cruise Director / Staff for help, they might even have a photographer set up. 

Good Luck! 

I really like the running track on Deck 5 at the very back of the ship.  When you're heading east from Florida, the sunsets can be amazing.  There are a few chairs back there and usually not very many people, especially after the embarkation day.  The observation wings on deck 14 forward.  The port side has the glass floor section that might be nice, but it will be windy and probably not private.  Central Park is really nice after dark.  There is an out-of-the-way path covered with a trellis that won't have much traffic.  If you want a little more public, try the Rising Tide bar as it is going up or down.  Or, the Pub, where I bet the entertainer would give you the mike for a minute ? .   Or for something really unexpected, do it during the "Welcome Aboard" picture that they take in the port right before you get onto the ship.  As the photographer tries to get you posed, drop to one knee ? .  Regardless of what you choose, it will be a great moment.  Congratulations.

Central Park is beautiful after dark. Stunning. I will not be getting a proposal on Harmony on our Nov 3rd cruise (sniff, sniff), but if I was, Central Park lit up at night with the guitar player in the background would be amazing. Not that I've thought about it or anything... Congratulations!! (If you're considering the balcony, just make sure first that there's enough room for her, the furniture, and for you to get down on one knee. You don't want to trip on a chair!) ?

Perhaps it might be a good idea to have 2 or 3 ideas and days in the back of your head... just in case something doesn't pan out... such as the weather or crowds,  etc.  

Some suggestions.... book a ride in the up up away balloon at coco cay.  (Weather dependent)

Central park at night is very beautiful.  

Maybe book a specialty dinner,  and ask the manager to help set something up with you.  

Maybe take a ride on the carousel,  and then ask as you get off on the board walk. 

Maybe go down the abyss slide.... but arrange it with the staff... to give you a head start.... then be waiting at the bottom with the ring? 

One of the beachs at one of our ports of call?

Lots of possibilities.... maybe something that relates to what you two like.  But no matter what you choose... congrats! 

P.s. myself and 5 friends will be on this sailing with you! 

Counting down the days! 

19 minutes ago, vanelli56 said:

One of the beachs at one of our ports of call?

When I read this, the video in my head played a scene where you get down on one knee, flip open the box, the ring does a triple axle out of the box into the sand, never to be seen by other-than-crabs, again.

<chills and shudder>

???