Terrible Weather

Lakew92

It appears there’s going to be some bad weather during our beach day shore excursion.. I’d like to not cancel in case the weather does clear up but I’m nervous about losing out on $330+.. I know I have 48 hours before sailing to cancel but it is on day 5 of a 5 day cruise and we leave Monday. Any advice, tips, knowledge or prior experience can help! Thanks! 

If you booked through Royal and they cancel the excursion they will give you refundable OBC equal to what you paid for the excursion in the cruise planner.  Just because a weather forecast calls for rain, it doesn't mean that it will rain out your entire day.  I've seen crazy thunderstorms blow right through and then afterwards it is bright and sunny like nothing ever happened.

We have had several excursions booked through Royal get cancelled.  Several for weather and one for the bombs in the cozumel ferry.  We always get all our money back!  If it gets cancelled you can try a different excursion that possibly didn't get cancelled too using the credit  Another thing to consider is that the weather in the caribbean (if thats where you are going) lots of time doesn't last long...

Predicting weather in any tropical destination is highly suspect.

Even tropical storms often appear to have a greater area of impact due to media hype.

You board Monday then it's 4-5 days after that.  No one can predict weather that far out.

The policy for Royal is 48 hours before your arrival at the port of call so you have until day 2 to 3 depending on timing to think about it and watch the weather.