Pools aboard Celebrity Reflection

Salt Water Buckeye

Wow; I just ran across this site!  Have been on several RCL cruises and wife & I are booked on ReflectIon’s repositioning cruise in April-May 2020 (1st time on a Celebrity boat).  Have some family business to take care of in Ireland, and when I saw this cruise ends in Dublin…well…sounds like a road, er, water trip to me!!!

I have a question hopefully someone is knowledgeable about.  Is either of the pools on Reflection salt water?  I have psoriasis and salt water & sunshine are the 2 best things for it.  With so many sea days, there’s no chance to ‘take a dip’ in the ocean.  Hoping I can get my ‘fix’ in a pool.

Oops, hit the send button by mistake.  I know the Summit isn't in the same class, but what applies to the goose may apply to the gander.  If you would be so kind as to post back after your cruise as to what type of water is in the Summit pools, that may be an indicator of what to expect on the Reflection.

@Salt Water Buckeye, I just did a bit of Googling and found a thread on this topic from two years ago on "that other place". According to that, the Solstice-class ships (which includes Reflection) use desalinated sea water in the pools. The smaller ships of the Millennium class do not desalinate the sea water and use it "straight up". It seems the Solstice class was designed with much higher desalination capability (mostly for generating drinking water), which is why the two classes are different and S-class can pull it off while M-class doesn't.

Is it specifically the salt of the ocean water that's beneficial to you, or the other mineral content? If the latter you could still get the benefits since only the salt is removed.

Thanks for digging into this JLM...  I really don't know the answer to your question...just know that the salt water helps a lot.  Also sunshine.  At the time I first came down wit psoriasis (1979), the doc said salt water & sunshine were the 2 best things for it.  At the time I lived in So. Calif. not too far from the beach.  I'd sunbath in the back yard on my lunch hour and hit the beach frequently after work.  The sunshine seemed to help maintain the gains I made, and the salt water seemed to do the improving.  Think it may have been the way the surf exfoliated my skin.  As you can imagine, I had one of those Hollywood actor tans going, which helped hide the splotches.