Voom Price Increases

Looks like Voom may be going up across the fleet.

On board daily rates for single day pass:

Surf $24.99 (was $22.99)

Surf and Stream $31.99 (was $29.99)

On board daily rates for full voyage plans:

Surf $17.99  (was $15.99)

Surf and Stream $ 21.99 (was $19.99)

A number of my future sailings have increased in the cruise planner.  One went from $13.99 per day for Surf and Stream to $16.49 per day.  I see the rate $16.49 rate on quite a few cruises.  This seems to be the "new $13.99".   For my 2020 cruises this is now $17.59.

Deluxe Beverage + Voom Combo is now $16 more than just the Deluxe Beverage package.

If you see old Voom prices in your cruise planner you may want to purchase it now.  

Internet connectivity is very important to me and my family so I don’t see us not purchasing Voom despite the price increases. Thankfully we never purchase the drink packages so we save a lot of money there. My wife and I don’t drink alcohol. We occasionally will have a soft drink every now and then but are happy to drink the lemonade that is included in the price of the cruise and just drink water. I hope other people don’t get too upset with the price increases 

57 minutes ago, twangster said:

Looks like Voom may be going up across the fleet.

On board daily rates for single day pass:

Surf $24.99 (was $22.99)

Surf and Stream $31.99 (was $29.99)

On board daily rates for full voyage plans:

Surf $17.99  (was $15.99)

Surf and Stream $ 21.99 (was $19.99)

A number of my future sailings have increased in the cruise planner.  One went from $13.99 per day for Surf and Stream to $16.49 per day.  I see the rate $16.49 rate on quite a few cruises.  This seems to be the "new $13.99".   For my 2020 cruises this is now $17.59.

Deluxe Beverage + Voom Combo is now $16 more than just the Deluxe Beverage package.

If you see old Voom prices in your cruise planner you may want to purchase it now.  

On my Oasis Sailing in November 2020, I only have an difference of $10 between the Deluxe Beverage Pkg ($59) and the Deluxe Beverage Pkg w/ Internet (Surf & Stream) ($69)

Just now, twangster said:

That's great.  If interested buy it at the old price.  

I am more concerned about the Deluxe Beverage Pkg portion.  Wife does not drink as much as I do.  Last cruise we did about 55 drinks, mostly martini's about 8 specialty coffees, about 20 waters, and about 8 Fresh Squeezed OJs.  I was not sure if that faired enough to really cover and we spent $57 / day / person including the Internet.  That was a deal but this pricing concerns me.   Any thoughts?

I never check internet prices b/c I just buy internet once onboard and use our 30% D+ discount.  However, urged on by Twangster's alarm bell, I went and looked.

For our upcoming Grandeur cruise (Oct 12) the 1 device plan is 40% off ($13.19 PP/PD).  I figured what do I have to lose ?  40% beats 30% PLUS if the rate goes up, it will be even more onboard.  SO I went ahead and bought it for both of us.  Granted, Grandeur's Voom is pretty sketchy at best but we always buy it....so why not try and save a couple of bucks.

I checked some of our other cruises and the numbers are all over the place ! Some offered 20%, some 25%, 1 other cruise offered 40%.  

Thanks for the Head's up !!

14 minutes ago, VinceC said:

I am more concerned about the Deluxe Beverage Pkg portion.  Wife does not drink as much as I do.  Last cruise we did about 55 drinks, mostly martini's about 8 specialty coffees, about 20 waters, and about 8 Fresh Squeezed OJs.  I was not sure if that faired enough to really cover and we spent $57 / day / person including the Internet.  That was a deal but this pricing concerns me.   Any thoughts?

When in doubt buy it now to lock in the price while you consider your choices.  You can always cancel it up to a few days before the cruise.

34 minutes ago, VinceC said:

Call RC and ask them to book refreshment package for your wife and DX package for you. Normally they will allow if you call. 

1 hour ago, KathyC said:

I'm looking at my December Oasis, and one device is $13.19 (40%) per day...but a two-device plan is $26.87 (35%).  So a two-device is more than 2 one-device plans!   Seriously?  LOL

I bought it for all my Oasis sailings.  At $13.19 that's now a good deal compared to my other sailings.  

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

I bought it for all my Oasis sailings.  At $13.19 that's now a good deal compared to my other sailings.  

I grabbed it too.  It may go down a bit for Black Friday but if not I'm set to show you all the 50th birthday/Pinnacle party shenanigans! ? 

Thankfully I bought our 2-device VOOM last year on the Black Friday sale for $17/night. Never seen it that low since.

Current pricing shows $13.19/night for 1-device, with a "40% off" banner in the corner, and 2-device is $26 and change (basically same as two 1-device plans plus a dime per night). Definitely glad I was able to snag the Black Friday sale price!

15 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Thankfully I bought our 2-device VOOM last year on the Black Friday sale for $17/night. Never seen it that low since.

Current pricing shows $13.19/night for 1-device, with a "40% off" banner in the corner, and 2-device is $26 and change (basically same as two 1-device plans plus a dime per night). Definitely glad I was able to snag the Black Friday sale price!

I jumped on the $13.19 price for my cruise in November.  Just having come off a ship and seeing the onboard price has jumped to 19.99/21.99 per night thought it was a no-brainer even though I can share with someone that will have the D+ discount, it's close enough to make it worthwhile and I don't have to wait on the internet until later in the cruise to maximize the discount.  

3 of us want access for our next cruise (not til July 2020), and it was $35.98 for a 1 person, 3 device plan ($11.99/device), which was cheaper than getting 3 people 1 device each. I decided to get them now, figuring if the price goes down in a better sale, I can cancel/rebook, and if it goes up -- I win ?.  Got them in my name, so now everyone will have to be nice to me to get the codes....

I specifically cruise because it is now the only true place where internet isn't free in the world.  Having a worldwide unlimited everything cell plan and 2 days of free internet with the diamond perks seems to be just fine to "check in" with family while on vacation.  

I love being "disconnected" and not feeling like i have to respond to work all week.

3 hours ago, marti314 said:

I specifically cruise because it is now the only true place where internet isn't free in the world.  Having a worldwide unlimited everything cell plan and 2 days of free internet with the diamond perks seems to be just fine to "check in" with family while on vacation.  

I love being "disconnected" and not feeling like i have to respond to work all week.

The beauty of cruising is we all get to do it how we want, disconnected or connected.  

We got it for $10 with our deluxe drink on Symphony next May ($75 total)

Just did a last minute booking on Mariner and it also is $10 with Deluxe drink ($71 total)

My shocker was how expensive Mariner is! Lol I expected much lower drink package. It’s only $4 less a day than Symphony. 

I think I’m paying for that darn intern’s mistake! ? 

32 minutes ago, Jill said:

We got it for $10 with our deluxe drink on Symphony next May ($75 total)

Just did a last minute booking on Mariner and it also is $10 with Deluxe drink ($71 total)

My shocker was how expensive Mariner is! Lol I expected much lower drink package. It’s only $4 less a day than Symphony. 

I think I’m paying for that darn intern’s mistake! ? 

3 night cruises have the most expensive DX rates, followed by 4 night, then 5 night and so on.  

It seems 2020 rates are high because it's far out.  2021 rates even higher.  They are protecting themselves and hoping to catch folks that don't know to watch for sales.  Expect these to drop as they move closer, watch for "sales".