Promenade Cabins

Huntley

Who has stayed in a promenade cabin on a Freedom or Oasis class ship? Are there any noise issues? I can accept music intrusion during the parade. Can the background music they play on the promenade be heard in the room? Walking on the promenade it looks like the speakers are above and below the bay windows. I have the feeling that it must not be a big issue since i don't see comments about it. But, I thought I'd ask the questions hoping someone might have firsthand knowledge.

post-3376-0-93867600-1455768714_thumb.jpgI have stayed in a promenade room on Indy, which is Freedom class.  Zero noise issues.  Can hear the parades yes, but even that is not loud by any means and no music or people can be heard during normal times.  Black out curtains keep it plenty dark when you want it to be.  Would definitely recommend one of these rooms.  Bay window makes it feel as large as a balcony room without the balcony obviously.  NO complaints.  

I love them and have stayed in them a few times - yes you can hear the music when they do the parties like 80s night

its not bad, but if you were sleeping it could bother you - I try and get a room farther down at the far

end of the deck that way as not to be right on the parade area but I love them.  Curtains are great and I love

being able to look down on the Promenade.

attachicon.gifIMG_0024.JPGI have stayed in a promenade room on Indy, which is Freedom class.  Zero noise issues.  Can hear the parades yes, but even that is not loud by any means and no music or people can be heard during normal times.  Black out curtains keep it plenty dark when you want it to be.  Would definitely recommend one of these rooms.  Bay window makes it feel as large as a balcony room without the balcony obviously.  NO complaints.

I had the exact same experience on Liberty.

Stayed in a 7th floor promenade cabin (about equal to the mermaid) on Freedom in April '15 and we loved it!   The parade was noticeable, but not so loud that it was anywhere close to being a bother.  We actually had a good view of it!

We loved it so much that we're going back in April - same ship, same itinerary, and nearly the same room.  

I.  Can't.  Wait!