Best Eleven Days

TetonPost

I was on the recent extended Empress cruise (due to Dorian), it was my first cruise, and I just wanted to say that was the best consecutive eleven days I've ever experienced, and I'm an old guy that's seen a lot. I'm a huge Royal Caribbean fan now, can't imagine riding with anyone else from here on out. I don't know if it's appropriate but I'm posting a sunset photo taken the night before arriving back in Miami.

Last Sunset.jpg

34 minutes ago, bhageerah said:

Great pic thank you for sharing!  And I am extra glad that you had a great time, just know that I am officially jealous since I am at work!  And as we all know, even the worst day at sea is better than the best day at work!!!?

Thanks!  I have never had a bad day at sea so I can't compare.

5 minutes ago, bhageerah said:

My friend if you thought that was huge please do yourself a favor and PLEASE book one on an Oasis class ship! 

Huge is a relative term for an old guy in a small Tennessee town. I saw lots of bigger boats along the way on that cruise and I imagined what it would be like on one and concluded that the Empress was huge enough. I don't need a water slide or a city within a city, I just want a limber little boat that I can walk from one end to the other easily.

8 minutes ago, brycemo said:

Even a Voyager Class, Freedom Class, or Quantum Class would be an awesome step up from Empress. Each has just a little bit more to do than the previous. A "Royal Amplified" ship would be a perfect next cruise:  http://www.royalcaribbeanincentives.com/content/uploads/2018-2019-Fleet_Guide.pdf

You're right, I can't just book future cruises on nothing but the Empress. I will expand my horizons...

We thought our first ever cruise on Enchantment was a big ship.  HA HA   We have been fortunate to have sailed on all of the different classes of ships.  And in between our son spent 10 years in the Navy.  Now those are some really big ships.  In all honesty we like the mid class size ships.    Then again they all are nice as each has its own characteristics.    The picture is beautiful.  Welcome to the blog and Royal Caribbean.  

8 hours ago, fonemanbob said:

We thought our first ever cruise on Enchantment was a big ship.  HA HA   We have been fortunate to have sailed on all of the different classes of ships.  And in between our son spent 10 years in the Navy.  Now those are some really big ships.  In all honesty we like the mid class size ships.    Then again they all are nice as each has its own characteristics.    The picture is beautiful.  Welcome to the blog and Royal Caribbean.  

Thanks! I've been looking over that Fleet Guide pdf, very informative. My next cruises will be based on price of course, itinerary, time of year (although hurricane season worked out really well for me :-) and then work my way up the fleet classes with an eye on the amped ships. Thanks for the advice everyone!

8 hours ago, TetonPost said:

I've got more pictures from the cruise on my blog if anyone is interested: https://www.oldmanjim.com/

Thanks so much for sharing these! Still have a lot to view since I can only look during breaks at work or after, but what I've seen from the first couple days of your trip is great! Was that one Day 1 shot taken while flying through a rainbow? The color bands in it were so vivid and surprising!

11 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Thanks so much for sharing these! Still have a lot to view since I can only look during breaks at work or after, but what I've seen from the first couple days of your trip is great! Was that one Day 1 shot taken while flying through a rainbow? The color bands in it were so vivid and surprising!

Hmmm, I don't know! They are vivid but might be due to distortion from the thick airplane window. Thank you for checking out my blog!

3 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Can you actually fly through a rainbow ?

It would appear so, at least based on this photo my wife shared on Facebook the other day...

51993439_2115702255183631_1619972698098630656_n.jpg.e62b2508c613128e1c782e012f8ea602.jpg

EDIT -- Or not. Seems this is actually polarization at work when taking the photo. http://atmospherical.blogspot.com/2008/04/polarization-colours-in-airplane-window.html?m=1

17 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

It would appear so, at least based on this photo my wife shared on Facebook the other day...

51993439_2115702255183631_1619972698098630656_n.jpg.e62b2508c613128e1c782e012f8ea602.jpg

EDIT -- Or not. Seems this is actually polarization at work when taking the photo. http://atmospherical.blogspot.com/2008/04/polarization-colours-in-airplane-window.html?m=1

Yep, I buy the polarization theory completely.