Bringing Drinks On Board

tchampion

Hello all and thank you in advance for your information. 

I've gotten mixed information about bringing drinks on board. I know you can bring up two bottles of wine to your stateroom. I'm confused about water and other drinks. I was told by one travel agent you can no longer bring water but videos I've seen still say you can bring water (not sure how old each video is).  Please advise what drinks you CAN bring with you to your stateroom. 

Agreed, very confusing and mixed information. The above blog and policy page clearly state you can bring water and other drinks aboard. However, for my October sailing out of Southampton my Guest Ticket Booklet states "guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor, fortified wines (vermouth, sherry, sake and port wines) or nonalcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use." it goes on to say you can bring two bottles of wine.

1 hour ago, markm said:

Agreed, very confusing and mixed information. The above blog and policy page clearly state you can bring water and other drinks aboard. However, for my October sailing out of Southampton my Guest Ticket Booklet states "guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor, fortified wines (vermouth, sherry, sake and port wines) or nonalcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use." it goes on to say you can bring two bottles of wine.

That verbiage sounds like it was written before the policy change to allow non-alcoholic beverages in 2018: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2018/08/28/royal-caribbean-now-allowing-guests-bring-non-alcoholic-beverages-onboard

@Matt I am purchasing the refresher  drink package. I don't drink nearly enough alcohol to justify the deluxe package. My last cruise the drink package was included and I had maybe 10 drinks the entire 7 days. My biggest thing about what I can bring on board is water. I'm real particular about the taste of water. I notice RCCL uses COKE products and because of that I am assuming they use Dasani or Aquafina (both coke products) and I despise the taste of both those waters. Does anyone know the brand of waters they serve when you have the refresher pack? I know I can't bring enough water to last all seven days but i will certainly bring some if all they have are those two brands of water. 

2 hours ago, tchampion said:

@Matt I am purchasing the refresher  drink package. I don't drink nearly enough alcohol to justify the deluxe package. My last cruise the drink package was included and I had maybe 10 drinks the entire 7 days. My biggest thing about what I can bring on board is water. I'm real particular about the taste of water. I notice RCCL uses COKE products and because of that I am assuming they use Dasani or Aquafina (both coke products) and I despise the taste of both those waters. Does anyone know the brand of waters they serve when you have the refresher pack? I know I can't bring enough water to last all seven days but i will certainly bring some if all they have are those two brands of water. 

My wife will not drink Dasani but loves Aquafina.  We find that it really is hit and miss on RCL.  On our last Anthem cruise we ordered the bottle water package and received Poland Spring.  But what you see on the ship and even from bar to bar can vary.  Of course, the Coke Freestyle machines are probably not what you are looking for.  Since you care about your water I am sure you know that it really depends on just where the water was bottled.  That varies too.

@tchampion  Welcome to the blog and good luck in your quest...

3 hours ago, tchampion said:

RC serves tap water in the MDR & speciality restaurants at meal time.

Before your cruise you can login to the cruise planner and if you would like to you can order a case or 2 of Evian water in either a pack of 12 for $39 or a pack of 24 for $60-$78; which I think is a 1 time cost for either size pack of Evian water. All of the Evian water bottles cruise in the pack are 1 liter. 

The bars will give you an off brand of bottled water or you can ask for a bottle of Evian water (if you ship will sell Evian water by the bottle). 

6 hours ago, tchampion said:

Does anyone know the brand of waters they serve when you have the refresher pack?

I'm with you in that I don't like Dasani or Aquafina at all.  The bottled water they use does vary, but it is not Dasani or Aquafina.  Some bars/ships do carry Evian and you can ask for that but if they don't have it they will have a no-name brand bottled drinking water.  If you visit this blog post:  https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2019/09/07/first-hand-look-royal-caribbeans-hurricane-dorian-disaster-relief-the-bahamas and scroll to the photos you will see them offloading TRUE water which is what they had on the last few ships that I was on for bottled water.

5 minutes ago, markm said:

e-docs , the Guest Ticket booklet which includes Cruise Summary , Travel Summary, Embarkation Letter, preparing for your journey, Port Directions, Things to Know, Cruise/Cruisetour Ticket contract, and Airport transfer

So from your original post, was there some verbiage in your docs concerning the drink carry on policy?  What are you saying the OP should argue for?

Most off brand waters I am ok with. I find more off brands tasting normal while others like Dasani and Aquafina taste like stale water that has had the dirt drained out of it. @RatedPG I am not familiar with that brand but I 99% sure I will be much happier with it than drinking Dasani or Aquafina.  @Bakerette$39 for 12 bottles.....I know prices can be crazy but its still water, lol. I'll take the off brand for sure. I think i heard on one of the youtube videos the tap on the ship is ok to drink. I prefer bottled water but again I will drink the tap over Dasani or Aquafina. 

25 minutes ago, tchampion said:

Most off brand waters I am ok with. I find more off brands tasting normal while others like Dasani and Aquafina taste like stale water that has had the dirt drained out of it. @RatedPG I am not familiar with that brand but I 99% sure I will be much happier with it than drinking Dasani or Aquafina.  @Bakerette$39 for 12 bottles.....I know prices can be crazy but its still water, lol. I'll take the off brand for sure. I think i heard on one of the youtube videos the tap on the ship is ok to drink. I prefer bottled water but again I will drink the tap over Dasani or Aquafina. 

I tried the “free” water from the dispenser at the Windjammer and the Cafè, it was ok.