"Popular"... "Crowded"...

VegasFella

On the Oasis Class ships... I would like to inquire:  For the "free" dining spots available to cruisers, what is your experience with them being popular/crowded?  As I ask this, I'm wanting to know are there certain ones that LONG LINES?  DIFFICULT TO FIND A SEAT?  Was there a situation (or several situations) on your cruise in which you wanted to eat at a place, but just gave up?  Thank you for the feedback.

Certainly not in the MDR.  If you have an assigned seating or reserve a time with My Time, you'll have a table.  If you just show up at the MDR without a reserved time, you may have to wait a short bit, but the staff is good at moving things along.

The Windjammer will be busiest in the morning, especially when arriving at a port.  Lunch is busy during the sea days, but again, usually there's staff to help you find a table.

I've never had a situation where I gave up.

Surprisingly enough, Oasis class ships are great at dispersing crowds and most of the time they do not feel crowded.  The Windjammer on Oasis class is usually not too bad for handling crowds.  I would say of all the Oasis class sailings that I have been on, only embarkation day and disembarkation mornings felt crowded in the Windjammer.  All the other complimentary venues are fairly calm.

Only real time that I remember standing in line was for the first night when the MDR opens, but once they open the doors the line thins out quickly, been all over the Oasis class ships and as stated they do a great job of dispersing the crowds.  I have had to stand in line at Sorrento's but it was not a long line, and the line that they had moved as if you were in a Chick-fil-a drive through if not faster! About the only times we have had to wait in long lines had to do with getting onboard, getting on and off the ship in port, and since the wife loves BINGO, we wait in line to purchase our cards or machine and that is about it! 

The only time I we waited in line at the windjammer on Harmony, was at 9am on a port day where we didn't dock until 10am. Everyone seemed to want breakfast at the same time so the hand washing line was long at both entrances. Once you got through that, the food stations themselves weren't especially crowded and staff turned over tables quickly for new diners.