Royal Up- JS to GS. What's it worth?

FManke

I know this is a subjective question, but I'm going to ask it anyways to all the suite cruisers out there.

If I'm on a Voyager or below class ship, what do you feel the full suite added benefits are worth, regardless of the actual cost I paid, to?

I know that of course the cabin is larger, but leaving that aside, what I'm really thinking about is the added benefits of Concierge Lounge, breakfast in Chops and other added benefits.

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

To go from a JS-GS on a ship without the Royal Suite Class program?  I would probably pay no more than $300-400 extra.

I agree with this one, look at the benefits and look at the price.  I can tell you that on the several cruises that we have done as of late in a JS, the price that they were saying would be a "good offer" put the GS in a range that would have been more expensive if we just would have booked the cruise in a GS.  Just please remember that the offer that you give them is per person and not per room.  

18 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

To add to my above post, I forgot to put "total".  I would pay no more than $300-400 total.  Definitely not per person on non-O and Q class.

I share the same thoughts, more with the $300 total mark.  I put in a bid at 150pp to go to GS, if its gets accepted great, if not, I am still in a JS and don't see the perks work more than $300 on a non Oasis or Quantum class.

Stayed in a JS on Navigator for 1st leg of a B2B then moved to a GS for the 2nd leg.  

I did it because it actually saved me money due to changes and refunds caused by a hurricane, otherwise I had the JS B2B.

In my opinion a GS isn't worth very much more.  Access to a suite lounge but as a D+ I already have DL access so there is little to the SL that excites me.  Chop's breakfast isn't all that.  The Windjammer is faster and has better variety.  

For a non-Diamond member the suite lounge could be worth something for the complimentary nightly drinks.