Cococay - things to do without waterpark entry

TotalF

So we're going on a 7 night cruise in feb 2020 with a stop at Cococay. 

Neither the wifey, myself or the kids (girls, 11 and 13) are big on waterparks. So with that in mind, what else is there to do on Cococay if we choose not to buy tickets to the park itself? 

/First Time Cruiser ?

All sorts of things! There's a great splash pad with some slides the kids would still probably enjoy. The largest freshwater pool in the Caribbean. Chill Island which is just a great beach experience. By the time you're there, they will also have South Beach open. They're planning on having tailgate games and sports courts there. Some of the exercise classes will be free as well. I'm certain there's a more comprehensive list somewhere but this gives you an idea ?

Bring snorkel gear and you can snorkel for free.  Or rent some...great snorkeling there!  They have wave jets you can rent and kids can be passengers.  I have a video of the wave jets you can see to decide if you'd like it.  Or you just hang out on the beach like any other and just relax!

Take a look at some of the cruise compass's from recent sailings that have been to Coco Cay.  This will show you all of the other activities that are offered.  I'm trying to convince my 10 year old son not to do the waterpark, because he won't ride the majority of the slides.  I think we would have a more enjoyable time with the beach activities and snorkeling.  We will be there next week, so I'll be sure to post our cruise compass when we return.

2 hours ago, TotalF said:

So with that in mind, what else is there to do on Cococay if we choose not to buy tickets to the park itself? 

Check out this blog post by @Matt for some great complimentary ideas:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2019/04/30/perfect-day-cococay-everything-you-need-know

Also these videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HCYe809pmE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXgfraHCI50

• 1 year later...
10 minutes ago, Ineedavaca said:

So from everything I'm seeing at CocoCay all there is is beaches/swimming and water parks? I'm not a big beach person. Tia

For a private island, there’s quite a bit of options, but most center around the beach, pool, and water park. There’s also the balloon and some other excursion type activities at an extra cost of course. There’s also complimentary food throughout the island that is worth the walk off the ship in my opinion. Worse come to worse, however, you can always just enjoy a fairly empty ship!