Roatan- Zip line & Sloth Excursion Suggestions

swimking1

Hi everyone.

I am looking for an excursion in Roatan that does both the zip-lining and goes to see the monkeys/sloths (with a group of 4).  It does not look like any of the RCL excursions offer both of these, has anyone seen one?  Or had anyone done a good third party tour that offered both of these, private tours are an option also if the price isn't too outrageous?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Try Island Marketing, Ltd at https://roatancruiseexcursions.com/excursions/.  My family of 6 did the Wild on Wildlife excursion which we made into a private tour.  (Loved it!!)  You might be able to do that with four as well.  I recommend emailing them thru their site (great response) and explain what you want to do.  They have separate excursions to the monkeys/sloths (Daniel Johnson's) and ziplining that they could possibly combine.  I had some special requests for our tour that deviated a little from the regular tour, and they were very accommodating and made sure we'd have enough time.

I was looking into Roatan and I saw they are going to be doing some work at the port.  Does anyone know when it will be completed?  I have been looking around without any luck.

https://roatantourismbureau.com/port-of-roatan

There is a Master Plan Video that shows the planned project.  I was there in 2017 and there wasn't any work being done that I remember.

For our Roatan excursion, we chose the Gumbalimba Park and Canopy Zip Line excursion through the cruise planner. The park tour includes time to hold/ play with the macaws and monkeys. There were sloths on the property, but the only one we saw was up in a tree, not readily available for a photo op ?. We really enjoyed this excursion. The zipline crew was great and the walking tour guide was well informed. Plenty of time for photos with the animals. Plus, there is a private beach you can use free of charge after your tour completes.

• 2 weeks later...

We booked through 2ksadventurestours.com and choose 2K's Supermega combo, which includes the zipline adventure, monkey & sloth hangout, west bay beach break + snorkeling. This will also include visit to the highest point for sightseeing, city tour that is done along the way,  stop at the chocolate and rum factory. Cost is $85/person. We are on the 1/4/2020 sailing.