southern caribbean beaches

mom2mybugs

Hi...we are doing a 7 day adventure of the seas cruise in august to st. Thomas, st. Kitts, aruba and curacao. We will do an excursion to st johns and trunk bay. Im wondering though on the other 3 islands if it is worth it to do excursions, or if the beaches are easily accessible by taxi or walking. Are the taxis easy to find and cost effective? We'd love to save 100 bucks a day for a beach trip. Also are there any really good beaches on any of these islands you would recommend?

Take the Tuc-Tuc tour in Curacao.  It's very inexpensive and a lot of fun.  They're little 3-wheeled electric vehicles and it goes through the city.  I LOVE Curacao.  Also, don't miss the fort that is walking distance from the pier.  I love the way they have taken an old fort and converted it into retail and entertainment venues.

Great beach in St. Thomas is Magens Bay. It is located on the north side and is a well protected white sand beach.  Nearest port is Charlotte Amalie about 7 km away (15 minutes). We took a bus tour which included a stop at the beach but I understand you can also get taxis there. Google it and you will find ton of helpful information and tips.