Cancelled/Rebooked Cruise RE: Drink Package

devbak150

So far things are going pretty well with our cancelled cruise this week.  We have rebooked for Dec. 2019.  Travel agent has applied FCC, just waiting to make sure I get my taxes/fees back on the cc.  I also got the refund of drink package on my cc, but of course when I need to rebook, it is 300 higher total.  I called to see if maybe by chance they would honor the package bought for cancelled cruise, since it was cancelled due to weather, but they said no... so I guess I just need to keep an eye out for Cruise Planner deals (but still might be out the good deal I got earlier).  This is my only complaint so far as it would be nice if they honored the previously purchased price since it was not our fault to cancel.

Glad you got a new sailing booked!

I have to be honest, I don't think it's unfair to have to book the drink package at the prevailing cost (versus what you paid before).  Outside of the $18 drink package mistake, the price does not vary that much in the grand scheme of things.  Even if it were $10 less per day (and it never drops that much), that's still just one drink difference per day to "break even".

And always remember it's still cheaper at whatever price online versus what they charge onboard. I'm on Mariner and the price is $82 per day!

9 hours ago, Yo2slick said:

I saw so many people on Liberty last week buying drink packages on board....Told everyone to check out this blog before their next cruise for a wealth of knowledge and to save them some money!  We bought ours for 46 per day and more than broke even.  Lava Flows with Kraken are so so good lol.

Agree 125% with your post (last part too ?)

10 hours ago, Matt said:

And always remember it's still cheaper at whatever price online versus what they charge onboard. I'm on Mariner and the price is $82 per day!

Navigator was also $82 USD the previous week when on board.

It was $86 CAD on cruise planner before we left, which is $65 USD.  Big difference.

21 hours ago, devbak150 said:

So far things are going pretty well with our cancelled cruise this week.  We have rebooked for Dec. 2019.  Travel agent has applied FCC, just waiting to make sure I get my taxes/fees back on the cc.  I also got the refund of drink package on my cc, but of course when I need to rebook, it is 300 higher total.  I called to see if maybe by chance they would honor the package bought for cancelled cruise, since it was cancelled due to weather, but they said no... so I guess I just need to keep an eye out for Cruise Planner deals (but still might be out the good deal I got earlier).  This is my only complaint so far as it would be nice if they honored the previously purchased price since it was not our fault to cancel.

We ran into a similar situation when rescheduling due to the hurricane, but it was only $100 more for my wife and I.  Since they made rescheduling so easy, I chalked it up to RCI needing to draw the line somewhere.  Keeping an eye on the cruise planner is the way to go, and I hope you find the deal you originally had.  Good luck and enjoy your cruise.