Do Not Miss....

FManke

Another few "do not miss" items in my opinion

- being on the top deck at the aft upon sail away (preferably with an adult beverage) on the first day! That is is SUCH a great time. Some ports are better than others for this. I particularly like the departure ports like FLL and Miami where there are people on shore that watch the cruise ships sail away. The mood/atmosphere is awesome. 

- same as above, but when you are sailing away from ports of call. There is something so special about sailing away from a Caribbean island as well. So far, my favorite port of call sail aways are from St. Maarten and St. Thomas.

- lastly, if you have an ocean view balcony, make sure you catch at least ONE approach to a port of call from there. Alternatively, you can do this from the top deck as well. This is another special sight to behold in the morning (along with the flying fish on sea days). So far, my favorite port of call approach is St. Thomas.

PRO TIP: Bring some good binoculars, particularly if you have an ocean view balcony cabin. It will assist with all of the above, as well as the moon at night!

On 9/8/2019 at 10:50 AM, FManke said:

Where have you experienced these?

All over the caribbean.  Do I see them every time on the balcony?  Of course not but if you are on the balcony and start looking you will see them and will know what to start looking for.  Good Luck!

1 hour ago, sabarwolf said:
  • Get out of your food box. Try new things--particularly if you've wanted to or have been hesitant to.

This is a good one. I try not to repeat eating the same thing twice  just to keep it interesting. Except the escargot. I eat them every chance I get!