$499 Thrill Waterpark Cabana And Full Day Pass

DublinFC

2 hours ago, Queenbeecruises said:

Prices are showing 499 for thrill Water Park and Cabana.  If price drops, will RC give a refund?

Yes, you can easily re-price up to 2 days prior to sailing.  But like @melski94 mentioned already.  Prices for these cabanas vary by ship and sailing.  I have not seen it lower than $499 either for Oasis class.  Most of the $299 prices that others are mentioning are for non-Oasis class ships.  For my Harmony sailing, Thrill Water Park cabanas were sitting at $999 for the longest time.  That is why I grabbed at $499.

So what would you pick for our 2 day stop at CoCo Cay?  We are a family of 4.

• Option 1 - 2 day waterpark package (i.e. park on both days) for $105.08 CAD each, which makes a total of $420.08 CAD
  • Option 2 - waterpark tickets on first CoCo Cay day OR second day stop for $78.47 each, which is total of $313.88 CAD
  • Option 3 - Waterpark Cabana on  first CoCo Cay day OR second day stop for $397.67 CAD?

i.e. The Waterpark Cabana is $84 more than four waterpark tickets (single day), but 2 day waterpark tickets is only $22 more than a cabana on one day.

Obviously it's nice to have the waterpark option on both days, especially if weather is iffy on one of those days, so is cabana worth it?  As a note, our kids have already expressed interest in the big pool.  (For now we have purchased the waterpark package for both days)

1 minute ago, Queenbeecruises said:

Actually, I have one more question @Lovetocruise2002.  Do you think the Oasis Lagoon Cabanas will come down in price?  They are sitting at $999 right now.

I have been watching my Harmony sailing for months now and no luck.  Also at $999 still.  It's anyone's guess if they will come down or not.  No way of predicting it.  Your best bet is to check often.  You can always change your mind up to 2 days before sailing.

3 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

This is why I am a bad influence. ?

Lol Sabrina you remind me of my friends I know I can text going “hi, here is a big purchase I just made. Help me justify this and reassure me this was an excellent life choice” These friends are well aware of their roles and exactly why they got that text. ?

On 9/11/2019 at 2:52 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Easier to have one booked and decide later to cancel it than to decide you want one and have there be none to purchase !

My wife and l want to meet you two. You guys are our heroes, we are only going on our 13th cruise and are diamond members for the first time. You guys are almost living on a cruise ship! Lol!!! Safe journeys!!  ?

5 minutes ago, tinman1224 said:

My wife and l want to meet you two. You guys are our heroes, we are only going on our 13th cruise and are diamond members for the first time. You guys are almost living on a cruise ship! Lol!!! Safe journeys!!  ?

Congratulations on Diamond.  That’s where it starts to really make a difference. 

I sure hope we do get to meet soon.  We have met a lots of super people on RCCL Blog group cruises.  I can’t wait for our next one !

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/10/2019 at 8:12 PM, WannaCruise said:

Option 3 - Waterpark Cabana on  first CoCo Cay day OR second day stop for $397.67 CAD?

There is a lot to do on the island. One day dedicated to the water park should be more than sufficient IMO. And if I were you, maybe consider the water park on the SECOND day to bet on the crowds having gone more on the first day.

Let us know after the cruise what choice you went with and if you would remake it!

On 9/10/2019 at 9:12 PM, WannaCruise said:
  • Option 3 - Waterpark Cabana on  first CoCo Cay day OR second day stop for $397.67 CAD?

On a two-stop cruise, I would pick the day when only one ship is docked at Coco Cay. Personally, I wouldn’t do the waterpark on a day where I’d expect really long lines for the slides, or too many people in the wave pool.

2 hours ago, GrandmaAirplane said:

On a two-stop cruise, I would pick the day when only one ship is docked at Coco Cay. Personally, I wouldn’t do the waterpark on a day where I’d expect really long lines for the slides, or too many people in the wave pool.

Thanks for the suggestion.  Good point...I just checked and it looks like we're stuck either way.

CoCo Cay Day 1, we'll be in port with Independence.

CoCo Cay Day 2, we'll be in port with Navigator.

For now, we did purchase the 2 day park pass.  We're going end of summer so thinking weather may be iffy (hot but showers?) so at least this would give us flexibility around weather and what our kids feel like doing.  Was looking at the Thrill Park Cabana for one of the days instead (for similar price) as it seems really nice , but our kids seem very interested in that pool too.  So it may be a waste if we end up spending time there. 

6 hours ago, S0nny said:

There is a lot to do on the island. One day dedicated to the water park should be more than sufficient IMO. And if I were you, maybe consider the water park on the SECOND day to bet on the crowds having gone more on the first day.

Let us know after the cruise what choice you went with and if you would remake it!

Thanks.  Appreciate the feedback.  We went with both waterpark days...BUT...not sure if we'll keep it as such. (I just responded as well to above).  

This is a good suggestion if we just do one day (plus pricing has changed and day 2 is now cheaper than day 1). I can see us enjoying the ship as well with most offshore as we like "sea" days and not getting off on one of the days.  Only risk of that is we could end up not having a day at CoCo Cay at all if we leave it to second day if there are weather issues (talking from experience from this past August when we were on Navigator and we missed CoCO Cay due to Hurricane Dorian - but we didn't know until the night before that we weren't stopping) 

1 minute ago, AshleyDillo said:

Don't forget that the water park has the wave pool and the adventure pool as well.  I think the kids will really enjoy those as well!  You may not be able to get them to leave to go to the big Oasis Lagoon pool!

Isn't Oasis Lagoon pool the huge one for everyone (i.e. outside of the water park)?  If so, that's the pool that they've seen on videos and can't wait to try.

Just now, WannaCruise said:

Isn't Oasis Lagoon pool the huge one for everyone (i.e. outside of the water park)?  If so, that's the pool that they've seen on videos and can't wait to try.

Yup..Oasis Lagoon is the huge pool with the swim up bar and the walking bridge that goes over the water.  There's also a Splashaway Bay and Captain Jill's Galleon (pirate ship) on CocoCay there which are free to everyone.  There really is a ton to do without having waterpark access.  

4 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Yup..Oasis Lagoon is the huge pool with the swim up bar and the walking bridge that goes over the water.  There's also a Splashaway Bay and Captain Jill's Galleon (pirate ship) on CocoCay there which are free to everyone.  There really is a ton to do without having waterpark access.  

Thanks for clarifying.  Yeah...definitely will think about if we keep the 2 day pass....or switch to a cabana for one of the days for similar price or just purchase the cheaper waterpark ticket for single day.

1 minute ago, WannaCruise said:

Thanks for clarifying.  Yeah...definitely will think about if we keep the 2 day pass....or switch to a cabana for one of the days for similar price or just purchase the cheaper waterpark ticket for single day.

That's what I would do...whichever single day you purchased the waterpark for or the cabana..make that the focus of that day..you know you will have the other day to explore all the free stuff!

On 9/6/2019 at 11:05 AM, mworkman said:

Hence that why RC developed this product, They know it was great for some, but not others.  It's nice to have options.  

Added comments-

I do see that as a great idea if you have kids or a group.  But just for the wife and i...i do not see it as a great deal.

I bought the one by the wave pool for $599 and since there are 7 of us I bought one ticket for the water slides.  When I looked at buying slide passes for everyone and took in to the fact I burn quickly it's a great idea for our group.

• 1 month later...

If you are interested in Cabanas, check again this week.

We just had one near the wave pool for the Mariner cruise on 11/15.  When I bought it it was a break even value ($50 park tickets for 6, $299 cabana), and the day was amazing.  The cabana attendant was great, the location was good, and they even provided us room for a +1, extra water and cans of Coke when requested.  I would have recommended the experience with an extra cost, let alone for break even.

That brings us to today... and for a sailing next November on Mariner the water park passes are $80, and the cabana is $299.  That's $180 free bucks along with the shade and service.  Check your cruise planner!

On 9/6/2019 at 4:47 PM, HawkeyeFan said:

After seeing this topic, I went to our reservation on the Harmony for 1/26/2020.  We have a beach bed at CocoCay booked at $299.  It is now $199.  I called Royal Caribbean and cancelled and rebooked.  Even the agent on the phone was surprised how much less it was.  Love this blog!

We have never sailed to Coco Cay. It will just be the two of us. I think a cabana would be to much for jut two but this beach bed interest me. What does that consist of. Any other thoughts for two people who want comfort and a little shade!

• 3 months later...